SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be looking at, and probably buy, a 2013 XC60 T6, Premium Plus, BLIS, Climate Package, 64k miles, all factory service intervals completed. A few other repairs along the way (Windshield leak) for one. Will purchase from original owner, DC suburbs and garaged. Does anyone still buy extended warranties these days? Should I consider such a thing? Owner will review all service records with me, I expect them to be complete with recommended work, follow ups, etc. listed. It's available at a great price so there is room for a few upgrades if all is well. So back to the question, any reason to consider an extended warranty of any kind? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,510 Posts
I don't think so. I'd take the $3k or so that an extended warranty would cost and set that money aside for repairs - so self insure. No fine print or exclusions to fight with the warranty company on. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I buy for myself (and sell for customers) warranties on new and CPO Volvo's. I don't think $3k would cover anything worth while on such an old vehicle. The sweet spot for warranties is Volvo's CPO extension. The older vehicles the pricing gets pretty ugly if you want anything more than the power train covered. I'd probably pass as the coverage I would want would push me up to what a 2015 CPO with extension might run.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm expecting potential troublesome areas to have been addressed, so I'll forego thinking about warranties! I can also do decent mechanical work myself, up to a point. I should be on the right side of the repair curve as best as one can predict, hope so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts