SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm considering ordering a Stainless Steel Front Bottom Bumper Lid Cover Strip Trim or similar item for my 2018 S90 Momentum. Currently the bumper has a couple of dings where I may have pulled in too close on those cement parking block barriers you often find in some parking lots. I figure that this accessory will cover those dings up and also dress up the bumper a little. Has anyone replaced or updated any of the chrome trim on the vehicle with a similar product to this and if so, how is the quality? I've seen other chrome parts as well like the door handle chrome, Front Fog Light Lamp Frame, etc. like on the Inscription. I'll appreciate any response but please only respond if you've actually used any of these products or have seen them first hand. I realize there are a number of posters here that will criticize anything made in China including the car itself. Thanks

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
No experience with the product but if its going on the front end, I would recommend wrapping it with some clear bra material to help protect it from getting pits and chips.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
For $43 just get it. Also for $43 it`s not worth buying $20 worth of clear protection. Clear film over chrome or stainless always makes the it look dull, not to mention struggling for hours to get the film to lay right on a small piece with many compound curves .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thommykent, I ordered the part. I should receive it in a couple of weeks and I'll try to post a couple of photos once I install it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I installed the part. I looks pretty good and is stainless steel. It covered up exactly where I needed it.

Before

After

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello rachelsdad,
It's funny that you posted those links. I actually tried to have some OEM parts installed on my S90 Momentum yesterday. The parts were for the Exterior Trim Front Fascia - Volvo (31650496). You can find the part here.

https://www.oemvolvopartsonline.com/oem-parts/volvo-exterior-trim-front-fascia-31650496?c=Zz1leHRlcmlvciZzPWFwcGVhcmFuY2UmbD0xJm49QXNzZW1ibGllcyBQYWdlJmE9dm9sdm8mbz1zOTAmeT0yMDE4JnQ9dDUtbW9tZW50dW0mZT0yLTBsLWw0LWdhcw%3D%3D

I like the look of the chrome on the Inscription model so I thought I'd just dress up the front a bit. On the website it says the part can fit the momentum according to my VIN number. That parts retailer said they weren’t sure even though the VIN matched up. Sure enough, I tried to have it installed yesterday by a body shop that does a lot of work for and is owned by the Volvo dealership that I purchased my car from and they said it would not fit. So I'm pretty much stuck with a part that I cannot use. The OEM parts retailer won't take it back. I'll probably have to throw it on Ebay. Speaking of Ebay they also had a similar part that looks like the OEM part that I ordered. It was around 30 dollars and is installed with an 3M adhesive tape, but it does not look exactly like the OEM if you look real close. The OEM one clips on. I've given up. Maybe I'll get an Inscription down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts