SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 8 months ago, I purchased and installed a Motorola IHF-1000 for my S60R before the volvo got the bluetooth kit. I am thinking about purchasing the "volvo harness kit" for my aftermarket IHF-1000 to tap into the system. Howevever, I understand that the orginal volvo bluetooth kit have an interface cable ( I can't buy that) that connect the blue module with a 32 pins connector and output it to 8 pins connector, 2 pins connector for mics and power. The "volvo harness kit" is then attached to that 8 pins connector and connect to the amp. <p>Now, my question is that my aftermarket motorola IHF-1000 provided a interface cable, however, did not have the 8 pins connector that I can connect to the "volvo harness kit", instead it has just a few wires instead of a connector. I am wondering if I can purchase the 8 pins connector easily and what are my chance my audio installer can install it for me. <p>I got to make sure as once I bought the volvo harness kit, I can't refund it. Thx<p><br>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: After Market Bluetooth question! (chkam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chkam</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">About 8 months ago, I purchased and installed a Motorola IHF-1000 for my S60R before the volvo got the bluetooth kit. I am thinking about purchasing the "volvo harness kit" for my aftermarket IHF-1000 to tap into the system. Howevever, I understand that the orginal volvo bluetooth kit have an interface cable ( I can't buy that) that connect the blue module with a 32 pins connector and output it to 8 pins connector, 2 pins connector for mics and power. The "volvo harness kit" is then attached to that 8 pins connector and connect to the amp. <p>Now, my question is that my aftermarket motorola IHF-1000 provided a interface cable, however, did not have the 8 pins connector that I can connect to the "volvo harness kit", instead it has just a few wires instead of a connector. I am wondering if I can purchase the 8 pins connector easily and what are my chance my audio installer can install it for me. <p>I got to make sure as once I bought the volvo harness kit, I can't refund it. Thx<p><br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Anyone ever get an answer to this?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: After Market Bluetooth question! (needsdecaf)

Here's your man: <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=17526" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...17526</A> , but you may have to be patient, he's got a new job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts