SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the XC40 is gaining more popularity, aftermarket parts are becoming more available. Can you post links to anything cool and worthwhile that becomes available, regardless of the product, price or manufacturer. Be it cosmetic or performance related. Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i will buy all of these except the exhaust.

I know chip tuning will void the warranty but how about the RAM AIR you have found? Will the Ram Air affect the warranty? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think i will buy all of these except the exhaust.

I know chip tuning will void the warranty but how about the RAM AIR you have found? Will the Ram Air affect the warranty? Thoughts?
If you're looking for a tune.. do the P* tune. I have it on my RD and it's great. As for voiding the warranty on the intake.. I don't have first hand experience, but I kinda doubt it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you're looking for a tune.. do the P* tune. I have it on my RD and it's great. As for voiding the warranty on the intake.. I don't have first hand experience, but I kinda doubt it.
The P* tune doesn't seem worth it. The cost vs the small amount of gain. If i'm going to mess with the warranty i want to get at least +50HP. But even then, the XC40 is top heavy so my first thing would be to lower it a bit and then get the upper strut tie bar, just use the power on hand, in cornering. Then i will think about added performance.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are you guys want to mess with Volvo warranty?
Any of those upgrades, except may be last one, will void the warranty. I don't know how it in the States, but here, at least in my case, dealer will refuse to honor the warranty if you install anything aftermarket. When I'd bought (not leased) the XC40, dealer made me to sign waiver, that I won't install any aftermarket wheels, and only Volvo wheels designated for XC40. So I'm limited to ugly Volvo 18" winter set.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The P* tune doesn't seem worth it. The cost vs the small amount of gain. If i'm going to mess with the warranty i want to get at least +50HP. But even then, the XC40 is top heavy so my first thing would be to lower it a bit and then get the upper strut tie bar, just use the power on hand, in cornering. Then i will think about added performance.
The P* tune does not affect the warranty. Although not big HP gains, there is a good amount of LB/ft gain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you guys want to mess with Volvo warranty?
Any of those upgrades, except may be last one, will void the warranty. I don't know how it in the States, but here, at least in my case, dealer will refuse to honor the warranty if you install anything aftermarket. When I'd bought (not leased) the XC40, dealer made me to sign waiver, that I won't install any aftermarket wheels, and only Volvo wheels designated for XC40. So I'm limited to ugly Volvo 18" winter set.
After market wheels (tires and rims) will not void the warranty as long as they are within the recommended specs. If you do change the wheel size it will require a software update at the dealer to compensate for the change (speedometer, steering etc.)

I asked about this just yesterday because I'm interested in replacing the factory 18" 5-Double Spoke wheels with aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I asked about this just yesterday because I'm interested in replacing the factory 18" 5-Double Spoke wheels with aftermarket wheels.
Do you have a pic on what you're thinking of?
Yes. I'm looking at the 21" wheels from Heico.

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/current-models/xc40/alloy-wheels-0/produktdetail/4691

I also want to install this Android interface.

http://www.kaptrader.co.kr/products/item.php?it_id=1539328583&it_2=&it_3=&it_4=

1 - 20 of 45 Posts