SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the engine with totally new internals and now its working fine .i had some problems regarding turbo all is fixed car performance is much better than it was before , it has elevate software elevate dp and exaughst.

I have a problem coolant water after i go for a trip like 40 km goes down and i get a warning in red regarding coolant , i check radiator hoses and im 100% sure there is no leaks as all the hoses and clams all are new , new thermostate assembly and new water bump .

I belive its a problem with my cylinder head , cause yesterday i see oil level is higher than normal which indicates water gets to OIL!!!,!,!,!, Now i am deassembling the cyl head , should i change the cyl head to new one or , give to workshop to fix cylinder head . If i fix my cyl head with workshop , will that affect the car performance as my mechanic said ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compression test is done and car performs perfectly , car delivers more than 350 HP but problem now there water with oil , and sometimes in low RPM aroun 800 i get flashes of red oil mark in dash board flashes when rom goes higher it goes.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
my guesses are 1) head gasket, or 2) cracked sleeve, neither are good news for you

Is your oil a milky color?

·
Registered
373 Posts
My guess is that if you had all that stuff taken apart, the head gasket is most likely. I don't know what happened that you had to rebuild the engine though. Did your machinist do anything to the cylinders? He might have been too aggressive with re-honing the sleeves, and that could have caused a failure there. If not, the head gasket probably didn't seat properly & you're leaking there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually , i did the rebuild because of coolant leak that leaded to exccessive heat before . I changed all the internals and fixed two cylinder sleves and installed new pistons, con rods, big end bearings , main bearings , water bump, thermostate assembly , new cam shaft seas , ew cranck shaft seals front and rare + used cylinder head

But for the setup i bought a used cylinder head , even gasket where new genuine .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if there crack in sleves i will get white smoke but there is no white smoke , car perform strongly , holds 19 psi of boost with no probem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem is noticed after taking the cyl head off , cylinder block and sleves are okay problem from cylinder head in cylinder number 5 , today workshop is working on this head tonorrow it will be inspected to get sure 100% no leak before we install it back .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts