SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After washing my car, I usually use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. (Had bought it for my Black Golf R which I have since traded in for the P*).

Any other paint protectant products which might be better to protect the paint but that aren't a pain to apply? (Wolfgang is quick and easy to apply).
My concern is more with paint protection than ultimate shine, but if a product provides both, that is a bonus.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to autogeek.net. you'll be able to do a lot research there.
Thanks, yes I did. That is actually where I found the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant a few years ago. :)

Just checking if others here had any other products they really liked, perhaps newer ones that work well or other older products, that I may have overlooked in my search... Always open to new suggestions.
Will post there too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
FWIW, I've been using Eagle One Wet Wax (https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-One-824336-Wax-As-U-Dry-fl/dp/B00J3218PC) for over a decade. I've been happy with it. In fact, I just used it today!

I'm not nearly as hardcore as others when it comes to detailing, but I always handwash my vehicles and always use Eagle One during the drying process. I'm happy with it. I'm sure there are better products, but this literally takes only a couple of minutes extra to spray on and then dry off as usual.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FWIW, I've been using Eagle One Wet Wax (https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-One-824336-Wax-As-U-Dry-fl/dp/B00J3218PC) for over a decade. I've been happy with it. In fact, I just used it today!

I'm not nearly as hardcore as others when it comes to detailing, but I always handwash my vehicles and always use Eagle One during the drying process. I'm happy with it. I'm sure there are better products, but this literally takes only a couple of minutes extra to spray on and then dry off as usual.
Thanks! Easy indeed. The car looks great.

I checked again and the exact name of mine is Wolfgang Concours Series Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Also very easy to apply and just checked ratings again (which I had checked before buying it 3 years ago) and others seem to love it too (online reviews reinforced my opinion of it and reminded me exactly why I bought it in the first place).
https://www.autogeek.net/spray-on-paint-sealant.html
https://www.amazon.com/Wolfgang-Concours-WG-1500-Gloss-Liquid

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Lots of great products to seal/wax the clear coat. The BEST way to keep it up is to hand wash when dirty and to dust regularly. Must keep dust/dirt from sitting on the clear coat. Personally I don't seal, just Miami Shine 2-3 times a year, following my advise, and keeping out of sun when possible. Tree sap and bugs need to be removed quickly, also.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I use a lot of ceramic coating products for my customer cars as of recent. They are fairly easy to apply depending on the grade level of pureness that you choose. Most spray ceramics are silica based and last 12months (Hydrosilex, Chemical Guy Hydro, Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax). Adams Polishes does sell a True 9H spray ceramic that lasts 6-12months depending how well you maintain your vehicle. My favorite long term (2-3yrs) 9H Ceramic Coating is Adams Polish Ceramic Paint Coating, comes in a little 50ml bottle. Now this type of coating requires you to do a little more paint prep to ensure it last longer and regularly using a Boost spray to extend its longevity; but if you follow the instructions correctly it's not at all hard to apply, just time consuming to do the work. Here's a few pictures of my wagon and a 2019 S60RD I recently did, both with the Ceramic Paint Coating. All the paint was covered in Adams Polishes Ceramic Paint Coating, all the plastics (engine covers, trim pieces and wheels) was covered in the Spray Ceramic Coating from Adam's Polishes.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I also did a SS members (Rebel Yell) 2017 S60 Polestar in the Adams Polishes Spray Ceramic Coating.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use a lot of ceramic coating products for my customer cars as of recent. They are fairly easy to apply depending on the grade level of pureness that you choose. Most spray ceramics are silica based and last 12months (Hydrosilex, Chemical Guy Hydro, Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax). Adams Polishes does sell a True 9H spray ceramic that lasts 6-12months depending how well you maintain your vehicle. My favorite long term (2-3yrs) 9H Ceramic Coating is Adams Polish Ceramic Paint Coating, comes in a little 50ml bottle. Now this type of coating requires you to do a little more paint prep to ensure it last longer and regularly using a Boost spray to extend its longevity; but if you follow the instructions correctly it's not at all hard to apply, just time consuming to do the work. Here's a few pictures of my wagon and a 2019 S60RD I recently did, both with the Ceramic Paint Coating. All the paint was covered in Adams Polishes Ceramic Paint Coating, all the plastics (engine covers, trim pieces and wheels) was covered in the Spray Ceramic Coating from Adam's Polishes.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
Note - I removed the photos from the quoted post to avoid re-posting all the photos.

Thanks a lot for your feedback PureDrive07!
More good options for me to consider then! Will have to look into the ceramic coating options you listed as well (since they offer longer term protection).

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Note - I removed the photos from the quoted post to avoid re-posting all the photos.

Thanks a lot for your feedback PureDrive07!
More good options for me to consider then! Will have to look into the ceramic coating options you listed as well (since they offer longer term protection).
No problem! Feel free to look at my Instagram account: Puredrive07 and you can see some vids of how Ceramic Coating holds up in the rain. I go much longer in between washes now, because every time it rains it cleans the car of dirt/dust; usually after a rain storm i grab the blower and dry off my vehicles (water slides right off without even needing to put a towel to the paint).

·
Registered
371 Posts
I really like Menzerna FG40 for polish along with a decent buffer and pads (this all depends no how much paint correction you require and, as stated, you can get some great info from Autogeek). For buffing equipment, I use the Flex but you can go with a Porter Cable, Rupes or other brand. Lake County makes excellent pads. I like Wolfgang sealant to finish however, I just got into Dallas Paint Correction products and they have a very good ceramic coating that works wonderfully.

Honestly, there are so many good products out there now, it's really just a matter of getting familiar with the steps/what you need/choosing accordingly. If you have any further questions, feel free to post up or shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
375 Posts
This is a bit more specialized than what you asked for: there's a ceramic coating/wax/sealant longevity test that's approaching 2 years on this youtube channel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use MPT Classic and it's really easy to use and you get great results. Just clay bar before your first application and after putting it on and then taking it off with a microfiber towel you will need to put it out in the sun for 3-4 hours to let it cure. During the curing process the chemical composition changes to a clear carbon coating. I've been using its predecessor, Liquid Glass, on my 2011 F150 since new and the paint is still showroom quality. The really neat thing about it is that during the winter the salt just falls off over time and the snow and ice just slides right off. I included pictures and one of them is a close-up of the hood (I had the 3M partial clear bra film applied and you really have to look for the line).

http://www.mptindustries.com/mpt_products/classic.htm

https://imgur.com/WFjbxiT
https://imgur.com/d4FLphJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts