SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had done this when I first got my R... but given I didn't have too many rain squeal problems I let it ride. Enough is enough now that the car is officially mine so I had it done and I am very happy I did!

Now it looks like I will be upgrading my rotors and pads.

I think I'll finally start to get some of these upgrades installed I've been wanting to do!

·
Registered
717 Posts
What does eliminating the center resonator do? Is it a "sound thing" only?
Yes, deleting the resonator does make the car louder. But it is WAY better than hearing RAIN SQUEAL.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I have mine out along with a phuz catless DP and I have a little drone when down shifting at 3 to 2 grand...but it sounds baaad ass...not annoying at all...and my car is lot any louder on the highway...I did the JRL mod at the same time as my dp so I can't say what just doin it alone does...but it has to quieter than my car..

And if you think that's loud ..sounds like you need a Prius

I mean I can fart louder

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I never found out what rain squeal sounded like. Removed the resonator the second week of owning the R haha

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
rain squeal is the scariest thing you'll ever hear if you didn't know what was causing it. I was on the highway my first time and pulled over immediately and was pissed, I thought I was screwed!

Sent from my iPhone
First time I heard it I kept turning the radio knob down and looking for flashing lights above me. Beam me up, Scotty!!

Seriously though, it'll scare the pee out of you the first time.

Having swapped just my downpipe recently, my exhaust sounds deeper and a little bit louder, especially when you punch it, but I don't have any drone. My stock exhaust is getting pretty rusty so I think I'll be in the market for new exhaust in the not too distant future...

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I still get rain squeel with my Phuz dp, no resonator and EST catback. In fact, I first experienced it after I had the resonator removed.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I have not had rain squeal since I removed the EBD, btw. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Being in SoCal I have only experienced squeal once for a very short time so I have never removed the resonator. However, I was under the car today and there are a ton of scrapes along that resonator from mild contact with low clearance situations. Not a well engineered system I'm afraid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts