SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a wideband finally to keep an eye on my fresh tuned R. Wondering if I can just plug and play into the oem o2 sensor location? And connect it to the eco as well as the gauge instead of welding a new hole in (saving me time and money, mostly time so I don’t have to wait to install it.)

I have a ReVolve catless downpipe to a straight pipe cat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Welding a bung on the downpipe shouldn't take more than a day to do. The actual welding shouldn't take more than ten minutes. Order the appropriate sized bung. Find a local welder in the automotive community who knows how to tig weld. Once your bung arrives, bring your car to his shop the night before so it is temperature cool the next morning. The following am remove down pipe, drill, debur, weld bung, install downpipe, screw in your sensor and then plug it in. Almost done except for setting up parameters in the computer so it can read the afr.

Someone who knows Volvo software better than me hopefully will comment but I'm thinking that you may need to keep the OEM o2 sensor. On older turbo cars that run obd1 I think you actually replace it as long as you are running an aftermarket engine management system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with a bung already. And the issue is I work 7 days a week, so my available time to not have a car is tough. I can try to set it up though, was just hoping to have it in sooner than later, as I want to make sure the tune isn’t faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Ah gotcha. I couldn't remember if mine came with a bung, I had an aem wideband a long time ago.

The innovate lc01 or whatever it is is supposed to be a nice gauge also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You have to have the upstream o2 sensor as it relays info to the ECM about Regulating AFR.

APR turbo has a 3” down pipe with the extra tuning bung installed. If you fab it yourself or have someone else do it try to copy theirs.
When finished.

A second bung is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
296 Posts
ATP TURBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts