SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking up information about the different spark plugs that are available for my S40. I'm looking to pick these up today and install before I leave for NJ tonight. Can anyone give me advice on what would be the best plugs for the money? So far I've looked at these.....

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-plug-denso_20650306-p?searchTerm=spark+plugs

and...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ug-autolite_15650200-p?searchTerm=spark+plugs

These are the current offerings I can get locally at Advanced auto or Auto zone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
two weeks ago replaced with Denso platinum T T #PKH20TT from Advanced Auto @ 2.50 ea. let the plug gap stock at .o4 the .024 in owners manual refers to stock Volvo plug. Do not care for long life plug. Mine I believe to be original , Volvo with 71000 miles. porcelain was cracking! 06 S40 2.4i OMO

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I personally don't care for autolite. I feel like a lot of their stuff is gimmicky. The only time I would sell them to people is if they had an older vehicle that needed a simple copper plug.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OEM

·
Registered
989 Posts
The first thing that did when I got the car was plugs, clean MAF, and a a sport filter. I always have to do something when you first get it..lol. Napa gave me the wrong plug (the shorty plug) I was gonna go with an NGK because they always have treated me well from Vw's to Nissans. I had half the car apart before I realized the part mix up, then had to frantically find another set that worked. Ended up with the Autolites from another local vender) Not a big fan...the car runs OK but it pulled harder with older OEM plugs than after the swap to Autolites. When I replace the coils, I'm going to redo the plugs and prolly go back to OEM plugs unless I get daring and try the Densos ( which also worked well in other cars) or NGKs. I wouldn't recommend the Autolites to anyone out there based on my limited experience for this platform. The other brands have yet to be seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts