SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am not certain that the C30 forum is where I should ask this but it is a start.

We have a 2009 C30 T5 manual transmission that we want to sell privately. It is our daughter's car and she is now living in the UK where we would like to purchase another C30 as a replacement for the one sold in the US. Does anyone have any advice on where we should list the car?

Also, we did an engine switch out which included turbo, clutch, timing belt, starter... as a result of a mechanic's foul-up installing a faulty radiator hose that leaked onto the turbo. Knowing it would be very difficult to find another manual transmission C30, we chose to tow the car home back from university and had our regular mechanic do all of the work. He is willing to speak to any prospective buyer but how should I list the car? The new engine had just about 75k on it and the odometer 125k. Should I take the current odometer reading and back out the 75k?

Any advice very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
So, I am not certain that the C30 forum is where I should ask this but it is a start.

We have a 2009 C30 T5 manual transmission that we want to sell privately. It is our daughter's car and she is now living in the UK where we would like to purchase another C30 as a replacement for the one sold in the US. Does anyone have any advice on where we should list the car?

Also, we did an engine switch out which included turbo, clutch, timing belt, starter... as a result of a mechanic's foul-up installing a faulty radiator hose that leaked onto the turbo. Knowing it would be very difficult to find another manual transmission C30, we chose to tow the car home back from university and had our regular mechanic do all of the work. He is willing to speak to any prospective buyer but how should I list the car? The new engine had just about 75k on it and the odometer 125k. Should I take the current odometer reading and back out the 75k?

Any advice very much appreciated.
List it as such. When rebuilt mine I had about 10k on the car. Now I’ve got 37k. I would list it that way and be prepared to have receipts available if asked. You could list it on the forum in the classified section and also on several other sites. Post pics. As many as you can of both interior, exterior under the hood dash seats etc. the more images and details you provide the quicker you’ll get responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. Since you seem to be an expert on C30s, how do I figure out if mine is a version 1 or 2? Also, do you think I should pull a car fax on it?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
We have sold quite a few of our Volvos, privately. By all means pay for a car fax and make lots of copies. Also provide all service records. Clean it up as best you can. It’s a very unique car and won’t appeal to many buyers. We’ve used Cars.com to list the car for sale
and have taken many pictures. Research the price on KBB, Edmunds, and any other sites you can find. Someone will want it, but it may take time. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Thanks so much. Since you seem to be an expert on C30s, how do I figure out if mine is a version 1 or 2? Also, do you think I should pull a car fax on it?
You can do the car fax, it will help. Most people know that they are not 100% accurate but it does give piece of mind. The v1 is the plainer version with molded plastic everywhere like mine. If you have paint matched fenders its a v2 which later become the R version. It’s a number given to denote the trim package I believe that came along sometime late 2010.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super!
While I have your attention, do you know anything about the C30 diesel? For example, are there many cons vs the petrol version?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Super!
While I have your attention, do you know anything about the C30 diesel? For example, are there many cons vs the petrol version?
Not sure. But if this is for Europe like you said I would definitely lean toward diesel. I have a place in the south of France and I got a tell ya, you will significantly cut your trips to the petrol station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts