SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install new speakers, and want some advice on putting the door panels back on.

I saw the How To on taking them off, and have taken a couple off at a junkyard (just by pulling them off). https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...o-remove-front-door-panels-weatherstrips-tint

But putting them back on looks like it could be tricky. Getting the tabs off the door panel seems doable, but getting them back on seems near impossible.

The tabs that hold it in look like they come apart. Do you take them apart, put them in the respective places, and then press the door back together?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I just now noticed that the pic above (taken from the How To writeup) is not the way the tabs are originally installed in the door panel. The door panel is originally in the slot one notch higher, right before the spiral part. I guess if I put it on this way, it would be easier to put back on but it doesn't seem like it would be held on as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I messed around with one of the tabs, and it doesn't appear to come apart after all.

They do however seem to open up (get longer) by about a 1/4 inch.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, after more googling I'm thinking I'm overthinking this. Looks like you just put the tabs back into the door and just push it back on.

Mods... feel free to delete thread if you want.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You need to reset the tabs before you reinstall the panel. In your photo above, you can see that the tip is extended and the sides pushed out to secure the tab within the hole. Simply pull the tab until the tip snaps back into place and not extended. Once you have them all reset, make sure you have them all installed on the panel. Some may have stayed on the door. You will need to pull these out and reattach them to the panel. With them all installed on the panel, install the door latch cable onto the handle, connect the speaker and power lock button connectors. position the power window connector so that it will fit through the hole in the panel. Carefully position the lock button shaft through the hole in the top of the panel. Align the top clips of the panel with the door window opening. Bang into place. Align the tabs with the holes in the door and bang each into place. Reinstall the screws that go behind the window controls. Connect the window control connection. Snap the window control into place. Snap the door handle trim piece into place. Done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I have already wrapped it up. I pretty much figured it all out except for your advice to reset the snaps first. That probably would have made it easier to get them back in, but a couple good thumps got them in anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i don't think this should be deleted. give me pointers on install and may help someone out with questions later.

thanks for the input from both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts