SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got some clicking on my front passenger side that is coming from my cv joint. My question is, which parts are compatible with my car? I have a 2005 s40 t5 with a standard transmission and FWD. I know the cv axle on a standard is different from an automatic, but is it different from a c30 or c70's standard transmission models? What about FWD vs AWD? I'm in desperate need for a cheap part, but the only ones I find specifically for my car are like $600. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
call tascaparts and ask if there are any differences. The parts im seeing show the axle not specifying AWD/FWD or manual/auto. but the boots are specific.
I think there are differences but I would call and ask, and get a part number from them.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Swedespeed friends don't let friends buy aftermarket axles... Hasn't been much luck with these on this forum. Junk yard would be better.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to know. However, I still need to know which axles are compatible. If I go to a junkyard I'll need to know which ones I can get. It is extremely unlikely I'll find a 2005 s40 m66 with FWD.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I just got off the phone with tascaparts and they gave me the correct part number since the website does not actually describe what I need. Here is the part. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/36000555 It looks like I can use an axle from an s40, v50, c30, and c70. Now to search for a better price than $460 + $75 core.

I read somewhere that Erie Volvo has good deals. Does anyone have experience with them?

·
Super Moderator
15,209 Posts
Ok, I just got off the phone with tascaparts and they gave me the correct part number since the website does not actually describe what I need. Here is the part. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/36000555 It looks like I can use an axle from an s40, v50, c30, and c70. Now to search for a better price than $460 + $75 core.

I read somewhere that Erie Volvo has good deals. Does anyone have experience with them?
Erie Volvo is great! Also look at FCP Euro since they offer a lifetime warranty on their parts and axles boots are known to tear frequently.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Good to know. However, I still need to know which axles are compatible. If I go to a junkyard I'll need to know which ones I can get. It is extremely unlikely I'll find a 2005 s40 m66 with FWD.
Ahh. Post #5
S40 V50 C70 C30 thru end of production. Must be a manual trans & FWD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts