SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to buy the above in blue with 20 months and 24k left on the warranty. Carmax wants 42k. Before I go thru with the purchase, I wanted to reach out to the forum for advice on what to look for on my test drive that should happen when it arrives in a week.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I’d look for a CPO T8 from a Volvo dealer and extend the warranty if you plan on keeping it past 2 years/24k miles.

Otherwise go for it. T8’s are super fun to drive even if you’re driving slow. So much power if you want to get going fast. I would test how far you can go on Pure drive mode with a full battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I’ll plan to drive it in pure mode to make sure the battery is okay. I wish it was a CPO car as well but I guess I could add a carmax extended warranty. Also, hopefully the Volvo warranty on the battery and the hybrid system would cover most costs when the bumper to bumper warranty runs out.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Very good price for a Bursting Blue T8 to me. I'd say try get the carfax report, find out where this car was originally sold and serviced, and ask the dealer to pull full service history.
If it was not leased, it would be helpful to know why it was traded in by previous owner.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Carfax report from carmax says it was a lease. I’ll try to call the dealer it was serviced at. My question is why didn’t it get take back by Volvo for a CPO sale? Why/how was it offloaded to carmax? Here’s the link to it:

https://www.carmax.com/car/19349368
It’s a 26k mile 2yo vehicle, so maybe It came off lease early and Carmax had a way to purchase the residual? I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a way to help people break their lease on favorablish terms. Anyhow, this thing looks sweet! That’s a desirable spec and sounds like a lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate everyone’s input. I’m buying it today. I plan to revisit this website often. Now the question is, which prancing moose slanted emblem to I buy for my tailgate?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
un

Congrats! T8 and Bursting Blue are double fun!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Appreciate everyone’s input. I’m buying it today. I plan to revisit this website often. Now the question is, which prancing moose slanted emblem to I buy for my tailgate?
Wonderful news. This seems like a very desirable XC60 example and a great value in terms of content, miles, and price. Let us know when you officially close the deal!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow that was a great price for a loaded T8. I'm shopping for a T5 and based on what I've seen, I would have expected your car to be in the mid to upper 40's. Congrats!

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
Carfax report from carmax says it was a lease. I’ll try to call the dealer it was serviced at. My question is why didn’t it get take back by Volvo for a CPO sale? Why/how was it offloaded to carmax? Here’s the link to it:

https://www.carmax.com/car/19349368
Most likely the original lessee no longer wanted/needed the car so just turned it in to CarMax and they bought out the lease, which is just a type of financing that has a payoff figure just like a loan. I did this with a car a year or so ago and CarMax provided the best offer by far. They were probably $2k better than the dealer I originally leased the car from.

Congrats on the new car - looks beautiful!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s in my garage and I ended up buying the slanted moose emblem with a Swedish flag background. I just love the size/ride of the xc60.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It’s in my garage and I ended up buying the slanted moose emblem with a Swedish flag background. I just love the size/ride of the xc60.

This is the back of my Bursting Blue T8. Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m guessing you charge your T8 nightly.... do you leave the charging cord plugged into the wall all the time? Is there a problem if you do?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I’m guessing you charge your T8 nightly.... do you leave the charging cord plugged into the wall all the time? Is there a problem if you do?
If I’m at home, it’s on the charger. Mostly for preconditioning functions without putting drain on battery range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carmax. If you scroll up a few posts I shared the link to it. I think the link still brings it up even though I bought it already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts