SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on what to do about a minor crash I was in this week with my 2011 Black C30. I have a $900 deductible. Looks like the front bumper cover, 1 headlight housing, and the grill need to be replaced. My estimate via a quick photo app puts the repair right at $900 w/ shop labor. So, since I'm paying out of pocket for this essentially, I started looking into the parts to do it myself. A painted black front bumper is just shy of $500. Add the headlight and grill, and I'm right there at the price of my deductible. I don't have rental car coverage, so if it were in the shop, I'd be out approx $24 per day. Does anyone have some advice on the best (cheapest) way to get this repair done? Based on the new cost of parts, I'm out about $900 if I do it myself, and I'm out my $900 deductible if the Volvo Collision shop does it, but of course they most likely guarantee their work and should there be any other issues (I doubt it) they would fix and bill my insurance. Also, factor in the $24 a day rental if I take it to the shop, and I'm guessing probably a 4 day minimum and perhaps 2 week max. If anyone thinks that a black front bumper might actually show up online, then I think I should do it myself because a new one (painted) is the biggest cost. Thanks for taking the time to help. Volvo dude for life after my 2000 S70 saved my life this year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts