SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some of you have heard me gripe about the 12 weeks it took for my car to arrive at my dealer. My car is gorgeous, except for the fact that it is already in the shop! :mad: The keyless entry doesn't work, so the dealer had to look at it and determined that some kind of receiver is missing that they have to order. They said the factory should have caught that. Duh. So now I'm stuck with an older S40 loaner until the part comes in and they fix it. Hopefully the fix won't cause damage to the car (they may need to dismantle the door, not sure).

So here's my advice: do not assume that the factory got it right. When you pick it up, make sure you check EVERYTHING. Check your keyless entry system. Make sure the Sensus is functioning properly--bring your iPod and check that it works. I'm sure there's other stuff to check, but my keyless entry disappointment is what comes to mind first.

You'd think a factory in the business of selling expensive cars would take the time to get it right, but evidently not. Hopefully my situation is an isolated one and not common. At any rate, do thoroughly check your new car before you drop it off. this is particularly important if you aren't driving it in Europe, as we were not. I'm sure we would have picked up on this problem had we driven it for a few days. Since they held onto it for several weeks before shipping it, they could have corrected the problem.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. Not that it hasn't happened before, but it's the first time I have read about something so serious being wrong with an OSD car. Like you said, had you been driving it for a few days, you may have picked up on the issues and they could have been corrected prior to shipping. Look at the Volvo loaner car as a plus. I once got a PT Cruiser for an overnight repair, and that sucked.

I'm sure others will appreciate you sharing the story. Please let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
It has also been mentioned on this forum to check the car out thoroughly before leaving the dealer lot here in the states (upon delivery)......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts