SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some warranty work done on my 60R and had the stealership change the oil while it was in...<p>About 20 miles after getting the car back going around a corner the engine started to shutter and the CEL blinked about 4 or 5 times then went out..The car "seemed" to be in limp (safety) mode after that and the engine almost sounded like it was running on one less cylinder. Luckily I was only about a mile from home..<p>The first thing I checked was to see if there was an oil leak..(no) Then checked the oil, they had over filled the oil by a good half quart, maybe a little more.<p>I drained the excess oil down to the full line...and took the car out for a spin...everything seems fine..No CEL..car appears to have normal power. <p>Could over filling the oil do this??

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Re: Advice before calling stealership (petert)

Not sure what the true answer is, but I KNOW what the dealer's answer will be.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Advice before calling stealership (Husker Z)

Go back to the dealer and have your DTCs read.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: Advice before calling stealership (petert)

Possibly. Would whip up the oil and introduce lots of air, causing serious lubrication issues. Also, could have put oil in your TCV, but not sure. <p>What kind of warrany work was done?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trunk lock replacement...it just popped out.<p>Car seems to be running fine now..What is the TVC or DTC's ?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (petert)

TCV = Turbo control valve. Thingy with hoses on upper right of airbox.<p>DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Magic computer stuff dealer can read through ODBII connection.<p>ODBII. Car language.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (MancUnited1)

Thanks...I have an upgraded TCV from IPD<p>Looks like I need to have the diagnostics run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts