SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is missing the owners manual. I skimmed the manual on line. When I changed the wheels yesterday I noticed one front shock was leaking. Would that be linked to the advanced mode lighting up orange instead of green? Funds are not there for new shocks right now, will be in a few months. Curious if the light means something linked to the advanced mode is what leaked, and the sport is say 90% or if I have to do something to set it up in advanced.
TIA

Registered
It's supposed to glow orange. I assume to differentiate it from the sport setting. I too have 4C and asked why it glows orange and someone claimed the throttle mapping is marginally changed in advanced on top of stiffening up the suspension a bit more than it is in sport. I think the owners manual also says it should only be used on tracks (which is to say very smooth roads) which someone else believed is because the shocks have to work harder on regular or bad roads which would wear them out faster. Maybe the orange light to discourage people to just leave it in advanced?

Personally I can tell some difference between comfort and sport when I'm doing 120-130 km/h or above (80-ish MPH) but I feel no difference between sport and advanced.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm going to leave it in sport and see about getting new shocks. I am shocked that the shocks are leaking at 59K. The PO bought it November 2011 with 22k miles. Things add up. Maybe the suspension is supposed to be noisier than my Astra or E39.

Huh. That's cool. The things I miss by being color blind... *rollseyes*

Registered
It's supposed to glow orange. I assume to differentiate it from the sport setting. I too have 4C and asked why it glows orange and someone claimed the throttle mapping is marginally changed in advanced on top of stiffening up the suspension a bit more than it is in sport. I think the owners manual also says it should only be used on tracks (which is to say very smooth roads) which someone else believed is because the shocks have to work harder on regular or bad roads which would wear them out faster. Maybe the orange light to discourage people to just leave it in advanced?
I believe the 2008 models with 4C have different throttle and shift maps, but the 2007 models do not. I think I read this in the owner's manuals for each...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts