SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would insurance even cover rebooking if an airline cancelled a route a month ahead of time? I thought it was more illness/weather dependent.
I’m wondering whether travel insurance would cover flight rebookings due to illness (Covid). Any special considerations since the travel agent booked the flights and Volvo is paying a reduced fare? And if I would be able to rebook directly with airlines or would need to involve ADTRAV. Right now we are trying to fix the flights directly with United.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Does anyone know whether I can insure the flights since I haven’t bought them personally?
Most likely yes, but check the fine print of the policy. I recently had to purchase some travel insurance for a non-Volvo, family, European summer vacation - we are USA based. The only travel info asked for by the travel insurance comparison website (squaremouth.com) was the

1. Location of travel (wherever you'll spend the most time or have the most risk)
2. Cost of travel to insure
3. Who is covered
4. and their ages

so i don't believe it matters who pays for the travel. Your insurance cost is directly related to those 4 factors above plus the coverage you want. Travel might be a cruise, safari, flight, diving adventure, shopping trip to BestBuy, a combination of all the previous, or whatever.
What happens if someone in my party tests positive for Covid and I need to rebook flights?
It's covered under travel insurance IF the correct coverage is selected.
Would insurance even cover rebooking if an airline cancelled a route a month ahead of time? I thought it was more illness/weather dependent.
Yes it's covered under travel insurance IF the correct coverage is selected but this should be 100% covered by Volvo like any other pre-travel flight change. Is the concern that Volvo is too "distracted" to provide proper timely support?
I’m wondering whether travel insurance would cover flight rebookings due to illness (Covid).
Yes it's covered under travel insurance IF the correct coverage is selected. My (limited) understanding is that when invoking / activating the travel insurance, it is solely between you and the travel to change (cruise, dive operator, flight, etc) as if you're starting from scratch. (This is why travel cost input and coverage selection is critical.) Some policies are reimbursements so read the fine print. I've not ever had to invoke / activate travel insurance so hopefully somebody who has can chime in.

Separate from the questions above, in general I don't see any argument why Volvo (or its travel agency) is responsible for a traveler's / travelers' health and its effect on their travel - UNLESS it's their stated, standard policy or someone random is sympathetic to your predicament. So what exactly is Volvo's COVID policy?

FWIW we used SquareMouth.com which has great explanations into what is and isn't covered by COVID for each policy (some are from SquareMouth and some are from their competitors). IMO it is critical you read the fine print, particularly the extended days coverage for COVID quarantines for any in your identified party and what is covered during the extension.

These are my observations from my first purchase of travel insurance during these COVID times so please take it with a grain of salt. Good luck researching!

Reactions: tomkat73

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have always felt that the extra cost for "cancel for any reason" trip insurance is worth it.
COVID clauses are also much more commonly available today than they were a year or two ago.

·
Registered
2020 XC90 T6 Momentum
5 Posts
My payment is due but they won’t respond to email or phone messages to let me know how to pay. The automated messages say if I don’t pay soon my trip may be canceled. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. AdTrav is not how I would book any vacation let alone an overseas one. Took a month from order to get the welcome email to book an appt. Then another month to get the actual appt. Then, just this week, our ‘22 XC60 ER order we placed in Feb for June pickup was cancelled. 75+ orders they shared were moved to ‘23 MY for the XC60. Good news? We get the ‘23 for the same price regardless of pricing/option changes and they are covering a rental car for our 7 day trip. Bad news? No order/build date available on the ‘23 XC60 at this time. So instead of getting the car back in August time range it’s going to be…. who knows.

·
Registered
796 Posts
My payment is due but they won’t respond to email or phone messages to let me know how to pay. The automated messages say if I don’t pay soon my trip may be canceled. Very frustrating.
You need to call your dealer. That's who gets the payment.

Although when I was 30 days out from delivery I asked my dealer about it and he told me not to worry about it as long as I paid before traveling.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You need to call your dealer. That's who gets the payment.

Although when I was 30 days out from delivery I asked my dealer about it and he told me not to worry about it as long as I paid before traveling.
Yeah, the 30 day rule was from back when OSD orders were not coming from dealer allocations. Now you may find the dealer has already paid for your vehicle before you pay them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup. Barbara told me they pull the money from the dealer automatically so we should not worry about it. Just wait until the Dealer is begging for the money.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. AdTrav is not how I would book any vacation let alone an overseas one. Took a month from order to get the welcome email to book an appt. Then another month to get the actual appt. Then, just this week, our ‘22 XC60 ER order we placed in Feb for June pickup was cancelled. 75+ orders they shared were moved to ‘23 MY for the XC60. Good news? We get the ‘23 for the same price regardless of pricing/option changes and they are covering a rental car for our 7 day trip. Bad news? No order/build date available on the ‘23 XC60 at this time. So instead of getting the car back in August time range it’s going to be…. who knows.
Have you gotten any word on if your dealer placed your 2023 yet? Mine have not, but have heard rumblings that the dealer can enter the order. Not exactly sure how but was curious.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Is it possible Adtrav has been stalling based on Volvo guidance for delivery? Our travel plans went super slow, but looking back, it seems they really kicked it in gear once the car was definitely getting made and treated us very well. Like, I won't put it in print well.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is it possible Adtrav has been stalling based on Volvo guidance for delivery? Our travel plans went super slow, but looking back, it seems they really kicked it in gear once the car was definitely getting made and treated us very well. Like, I won't put it in print well.
Yes even AdTrav has acknowledged that the closer one is to the confirmed delivery date the more attention they can devote to the travel arrangements. I suspect with all the COVID delays they were faced with lots of rebookings as customers kept deferring their own travel plans and more recently as the factory has delayed builds.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like, you can’t tease that in print either. Not sure what special things they’re doing but with a cancelled order I would like to think they’re treating us fairly with paid rentals and honoring all the perks as if we were picking up the car. I’m impressed how once they actually engaged (2 months after ordering) I did get constant communication with them. They definitely “turn on” the attention once you’re in final planning mode.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just wanted to share my recent experience with AdTrav:

My delivery is on July 5th so I finally just called on Friday. Elly picked up and was very helpful. It’s pretty clear they have all sorts of different systems that don’t talk to each other well, though, which I imagine is a big part of why they’re overwhelmed.

In any event, I had sent a proposed itinerary using British Airways (which Elly said she needed her managers approval for), and then over the phone she confirmed everything and emailed me the ticket info.

The most surprising thing here was that the first leg of my trip (from New Orleans to London) was Business class, not premium economy. No idea why, but hey, I’ll take it.

I do know upgrading on that route is generally pretty cheap since there’s almost no business travel between London and New Orleans, so maybe that’s it.

In any event, a quick phone call seemed to do the trick.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts