·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 VOLVO S40 T5 AWD
6 Speed Manual

Intro
[HR][/HR]
Hey guys! Thanks for checking out this thread. I've fallen in love with this community and plan to always be a part of it as long as its around. I'll be updating this thread as I go along as a sort of timeline to track the changes I make as I go along. Think it will be cool to look back down the road and see where it's come.

So a little background. I'm 21 years old and bought my car just about 2 years ago. To this day I haven't done much in terms of mods seeing as I was still in collage and saving was priority. I've since graduated from my studies and begun the start of my career and so it's time we had some fun :) My goal would ultimately be to get the car to a point where its show worthy. Personally, I think the S40 is the perfect show car as they're not your typical mod car and have such a clean aggressive stance. In Canada, you'll never see a volvo at an import car show, so I'm hoping to be one of the first. Instead they're flooded with BMW's and all those other dime a dozen vehicles.

Planning to keep design relatively simple and clean, yet as aggressive as possible. Black with probably gunmetal rims and either anodized blue or metalic gold callipers. Smoked lights, lowered suspension. Possible some carbon fibre wrap on the hood to accent the wheels. And then smaller details here and there to accentuate certain areas.

Features & Mods
[HR][/HR]
STOCK OPTIONS
Bi-Xenon headlights with crystal blue halo
Fog lights
Cruise Control
Sunroof
Home Link
Leather Interior
Brushed Aluminum Interior Panels
Power/heated seats
Power locks, windows & doors
6 Disk CD Changer with Premium Audio
Steering Wheel Controls
Cruise Control
Rain-Sensing Wipers

EXTERIOR STYLING
Black factory paint
Metalcast Blue painted callipers
17” Sagitta Rims
Window Tint

INTERIOR STYLING
Stock

AUDIO & ELECTRONICS
Stock

PERFORMANCE & HANDLING
Eibach PROKIT Lowering Springs

Current State
[HR][/HR]

Timeline
[HR][/HR]
BONE STOCK :: 12.04.15

GRILL, PLATE LOCATION & SMOKED TAILS :: 07.21.15

• Sprayed my stock grilla couple nights ago; Did the seatbelt strap gold and the outside chrome boarder matte black.
  • Smoked side mirror indicators and taillights
  • Replaced old black and dingy license plate nuts with new chrome ones
  • Lowered front license plate so it no longer obstructs the front grill

DROPPED ON ALL 4'S :: 18.08.15

• Eibach PROKIT lowering springs installed
  • Ride height reduced by 1.2 inches

Pics coming

GOLD BREAKS :: ##.##.##
  • Refinished break callipers in an anodized gold
  • Dupli-color Metalcast ground coat (high heat) > Dupli-colour Gold > VHT 900 Degree Clear Coat

V O L V O :: 24.08.15
  • Spaced "VOLVO" lettering (200 mm centers)
  • Emblems sprayed gold

SOME NEW KICKS :: 19.09.15
  • New rims and tires installed
  • Rims: Ruffino BOSS - 18x8 ET+40
  • Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - 225/40 ZR18

TITLE :: ##.##.##

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome!! :D I can't wait to see what you'll be doing to the car. I love to follow these progression threads, maybe I'll start one someday! Make sure to take lots of pictures ;) Is that another S40 in the garage?!?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added a few pics of the caliper job! Keep forgetting to take pictures haha

P.S. Please excuse mind my filthy rims... :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really like how this build is going. I also have a T5 AWD and i'm in the GTA as well. Hope I see you at a meet this summer!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like how this build is going. I also have a T5 AWD and i'm in the GTA as well. Hope I see you at a meet this summer!
Hey man thanks! Exciting to meet people on here around the GTA. Will definately be attending many of the meets so will most likely see you! The London show is usually a great turnout.

Where about in the GTA are you? Maybe we can get a little convoy going haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts