SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, i have a 98 V70 AWD LPT with the following mods: Snabb intake, 16t, R manifold and a solid stage 0. I have been running this setup with a 98 R ECU with no trouble at all. I installed the ARD ECU (Orange) tuned to 15psi and set my waste gate to 3.7 psi per instructions. I followed the ECU learning procedure of accelerating at 25%, then 50% and 75%. It is here when I run into issues. When in boost above 3500 RPM and boost gets to 10psi, the boost shoots up to 18psi. I guess the ECU tries to cut off boost and the I get this boost on, boost off, boost on, boost off. So it surges and cuts back and repeats until I let up off the gas. Is this boost overshoot due to the TCV being slow to react,or the spring/diaphragm in the turbo not supporting the boost? I'm looking for any help or advice to correct this. Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
email lucky at ARD first thing

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Agreed with Avboden.

Part of the problem might be that the ECU is setup for an HPT motor, and you are now running it on an LPT motor. Different compression ratios might be messing with the timing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E-mail sent to Lucky. For those with LPT motors wanting ARD ECU upgrade, read the following:

Lucky,

I need a little help with a recent ECU purchase that I ordered through Snabb, order #1553. I have attached my build sheet to help answer any setup questions.
I had ordered an Orange tune based off the info on the website. I received a Green tune and here are my e-mail communications with Kristian at Snabb about why I got the Green tune.

It has been shipped I will be updating your order status very soon.

Incidentally we can't do orange tunes for an LPT with a 16t. Sorry that this information is not up on the site. The correct tune for your setup is a Green tune so we upgraded your order accordingly. This is at out expense and just wanted to let you know.

Thanks,
Kristian Woodall

I asked why I was getting the Green tune and that I was nervous about 17psi on my setup, again going off the info on the website.

Hey Jonathan sorry for the lack of clarification here.

It boils down to this. For LPT cars there are basically two options. Orange which is 12psi and Green which is 14psi. So you have the 2 stage tune for your car which is really as high as you can safely go, and the max PSI is what you were expecting it to be.

This info will be on the website soon.

Regards,
Kristian Woodall

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
none of that makes any sense at all......Snabb messed up IMO, lucky will work it out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a quick response from Lucky. He said that he would take care of the issue right away. His great professional response puts me back at ease. His customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I got a quick response from Lucky. He said that he would take care of the issue right away. His great professional response puts me back at ease. His customer service is top notch.
+1 for lucky yet again, great man and a great business.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New revised ECU installed. Everything is working perfectly. WOW!! What a difference! Thanks again Lucky for all of your help and fantastic customer service.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
What was this ecu tuned for? :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was this ecu tuned for? :)
This was set up for a 98 LPT V70 AWD with R manifold, snabb intake, 16t turbo with the stock DP and exhaust. I did not choose the "window down" feature for the obvious safety reasons when ordering this set up. ;) Better safe than sorry!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts