SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the basic halogens. The thread in the sticky has missing images. Is it supposed to click with every turn? How difficult is it supposed to be to turn with a hex wrench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the basic halogens. The thread in the sticky has missing images. Is it supposed to click with every turn? How difficult is it supposed to be to turn with a hex wrench?

I can't remember if it clicks or not, but you can feel each notch as it turns. just don't do it on a cold day and have it snap on you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
On my 2005, it was actually backwards of what the Sticky post had said. I ended angling the headlights in the wrong direction, and snapped of the adjuster before I found out mine was the opposite way of that poster.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I do mine against a brick wall. There was no resistance with mine just turned it with a socket and extension.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
They are very fragile. Do NOT use the angle gear (white). I highly recommend pulling the headlight & making sure the mechanism is free before proceeding. I did mine by pulling the light before making each adjustment, test, repeat. Of course both my adjusters were already broken & I had to fab up a fix using a sheet metal screw.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the screw on the upper part of the housing is for vertical? And the lower one is horizontal adjustment? I turned my top one 5 clicks and didn't notice anything

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Don't waste your time trying the white adjusters on the top - use the corresponding hex adjuster (black) on the back lower side - there is one per white adjuster. That works much better. Clockwise adjusts up, counter = down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts