SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lowered my C30 with set of H&R springs with Bilstein shocks. I took the car in for an alignment and was notified that the car has fixed upper rear camber links. Should have have read up and payed attention when I put the suspension in.

Any how, there are a TON of adjustable rear camber links for the C30 as it uses the same links as the Focus, and Mazda 3. I have seen everything from $120 for a set of 4 rear adjustable links on eBay, to a pair of links costing $300. Sad thing is a lot of these cheaper links look exactly the same as the more expensive ones. I am sure the are using different bushings?

So my question is to those that have purchased adjustable rear links. What did you use? Cheap eBay? Or top of the line ? Or is there a nice middle road?

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I put BC racing coilovers on my c30 some 10k miles ago I put on these. 2008 2008 Volvo C30 Rear Driver & Passenger Side Upper 2 Piece Control Arm Set AM Autoparts AM-408069001 - AM-408069001 at AM Autoparts

so far I have had no issue.. granted I don't track or really beat on my car super hard.

Later today after work I will crawl under it to see if the bushings have rotted or look bad and let you know, but the butt dyno says everything is fine. side note: I painted them before install for more rust protection.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
So I lowered my C30 with set of H&R springs with Bilstein shocks. I took the car in for an alignment and was notified that the car has fixed upper rear camber links. Should have have read up and payed attention when I put the suspension in.

Any how, there are a TON of adjustable rear camber links for the C30 as it uses the same links as the Focus, and Mazda 3. I have seen everything from $120 for a set of 4 rear adjustable links on eBay, to a pair of links costing $300. Sad thing is a lot of these cheaper links look exactly the same as the more expensive ones. I am sure the are using different bushings?

So my question is to those that have purchased adjustable rear links. What did you use? Cheap eBay? Or top of the line ? Or is there a nice middle road?
SPC…I should note that I did swap out the bushes with Powerflex

Reactions: Qckslvr

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
SPC as well. Make sure you disassemble the threaded part first and grease them, then reassemble. Otherwise they will likely seize. I think a lot of the other brands are just re-branded SPC but I may be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: J5T

·
Registered
08’ C30
5 Posts
That's sounds like an awesome set up! Let's get some pics of the car ride height after the install I'm thinking of getting a similar kit setup in my 08 C30.

As for brands, I would always suggest going through FCP Euro. You might be paying a small bit of a premium but all parts you buy from them come with a lifetime warranty no questions asked so regardless if what you buy fails or not you have an assured replacement with them.

Looks like FCP carries the SPC ones other's have suggested so might as well get the lifetime warranty from them if you decide to go that route:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts