SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just full of problems today. When I got the car on the road two weeks ago, the check engine light was on for low EGR flow, and after a couple cans of Seafoam through a vaccuum line to deal with a massive amount of carbon buildup in the #2 cylinder (bad injector - that's been fixed), and a reset of the computer by pulling the negative battery cable, I thought it was fixed, but the CEL came back on two days ago for the same problem. Looking through the scant paperwork the previous owner left in the car shows that a Volvo dealer replaced the EGR valve and tubes for her for the same problem. So, I'm going to assume that isn't the problem. Is there anything else obvious and prone to failure that I should be looking at? My first impulse is to take a page from the first generation Dodge Neon community and remove the EGR system entirely and get a resistor of the proper voltage to put inline and fool the computer, but that's a lot of work especially if there's a known bad wiring junction or sensor that could be causing the problem. <p>So, short story long, any ideas?<p>cheers,<br>scott

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: additionally, low EGR flow? (scootergeek)

On this 945 - have you ever used a reader to zero-out the codes?<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: additionally, low EGR flow? (gdill2)

Nope, just battery disconnect. I didn't know there was a reader for pre-OBD II cars. Or are you talking about the little black box that gave me the code originally? I tried to clear the codes using that and though following the directions in the Haynes manual, I got nowhere. I went to the battery then.<p><br>cheers,<br>scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts