SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add an additional sound input to the stock sound system. It looks like my only option is through the CD Changer DIN Plug. Any suggestions? Does anybody know the pin outs of the DIN Plug? Radio Software upgrade needed to activate it?<P>I have a 99 S70 T5.

·
Registered
126 Posts
do you want to add a speaker to your stock system?? i know that adding a multi channel amp to power all of your speakers would let you add as many as you have outputs for on your amp. but im not sure if its posable to simply add anything to the system by just going through the deck it self, mostly because i dont thing there is enough power comming from the stock deck to run much else besides whats already in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... what I'm looking for is to add an additional sound imput i.e. MP3 to the existing Volvo factory sound system. I don't want to add any additional hardware.... There's got to be a way to cut into the DIN plug which goes to the CD deck?<P><BR>If there is someone who has schematics of the CD deck DIN plug, I'll give it a go... <P>On a seperate note... I've hooked up MP3 sound input using an FM Modulator through the Antenna system but there is no base to speak of. I also tried a wireless FM Modulator but it really sounded terrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'm mixing up my words, CD Deck.. What I mean is the CD changer option. You know the button on the radio which does nothing when you press it except display a bunch of EEEE?

·
Registered
126 Posts
aah i see what your talking about, well what kind of MP3 input are you thinking about putting in, just a box that you can load MP3's, then you want to play them off your existing stock head unit? sounds pretty tricky. good luck with that mam, i have no idea. nor do i have access to a schim of the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts