SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am planning to up-grade the sound system in my C70 and I am planning to add subs in the per-designed spaces behind the back seat.
I've been looking at Subs and I like the MB Quarts 8inch subs, but the Kicker square subs also got my attention, they would be more expensive but I try to buy the best gear and get the best deal.
Anyway does anybody now how much mounting depth their is in the area behind the back seat?
LloydDobler had posted some pics of the area and I noticed that you can see the roll-over protection system thru the speaker holes, anybody know how much depth their is and the approximate dimensions around the speaker openings, like how big of a square their is around the speaker opening? So that maybe the Kicker Square subs could be used. The square subs can handle a large amount of power and they would be louder then the MB Quarts 8"s I've been looking at.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Almost none. Also there is no enclosure there so the subs really don't add any significant sound. Get a real sub in a real box with a real amp and put it in the trunk, you'll have a much more satisfying experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O so the subs are really free-air, I thought their was some kind of enclosure, so its just the roll-bar system behind the subs?
I wonder if I could make a fiber glass enclosure to sever as a baffle?
I like the idea of having the subs behind the seat so they don't take up any trunk space.
What kind of sub are you running LloydDobler?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I run a single 12" infinity perfect in a long skinny box firing upward on the passenger side of the trunk. It's not ideal, as I have to drive it really hard to hear it in the driver's seat but that's the only place it would fit unless I pulled the spare tire. I'm probably going to switch to a single 10 and have it fire forward through the armrest hole down the road. A 10 or smaller is the only speaker that'll fit under the top.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Here's a very good alternative
http://subsolutions.com/
Yes they work! Got one in my Silverado. It's my second one
If I ditch the factory subs, I most likely will go this route again
It's a very musical sub

1 - 5 of 5 Posts