SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I came to this forum because I would love to install electric folding mirrors on my S60. I don't have the BLIS package, so I missed out on these features. I did find the installation instructions here, but I'm having a dreadful time figuring out what it all entails. It looks like in addition to the actual power folding mirrors and software, it looks like I need a new driver's door module and passenger's door module.

Seriously? Could I not just find some BLIS mirrors, plug them in, and have the dealer program them? I wouldn't have BLIS, but I would have the power folding which is what I would like.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If the instructions says that you need these modules, it must be for a reason...
With all the CAN, LIN and other communication protocols in cars these days, plug & play electric devices are getting a thing of the past.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
This actually looks pretty easy to retrofit. Find some used mirrors with the control modules and wiring harness on ebay from a 2013+ s60 or v60 without BLIS, add them in. Try Erie Vo-Vo if you don't have the patience to do the research. Download VDASH, crack your CEM, download the software and you should be all set. It's education with these cars. The CEM controls almost everything in the car, but with VDASH you can retrofit and customize your car for those things that did not come on the build sheet.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello all,

I came to this forum because I would love to install electric folding mirrors on my S60. I don't have the BLIS package, so I missed out on these features. I did find the installation instructions here, but I'm having a dreadful time figuring out what it all entails. It looks like in addition to the actual power folding mirrors and software, it looks like I need a new driver's door module and passenger's door module.

Seriously? Could I not just find some BLIS mirrors, plug them in, and have the dealer program them? I wouldn't have BLIS, but I would have the power folding which is what I would like.

Thank you for your help.
This looks like walking in the park to me.
You buy parts, plug them and need a VIDa to activate it (or VDash)
Nothing really complicated
Yes VIDA/Vdash will be required to link the module to your car and check all work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts