SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
if i buy the parts and install, any software that i'd need to add?

2016 Momentum T6
Will you be buying the special windshield as well? Not worth the expense, IMO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the heads up. It is worthless waste of money. Does not work during the day with polarized sunglasses. And at night in a year plus I have driven the car, I can't think of once looking at it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the heads up. It is worthless waste of money. Does not work during the day with polarized sunglasses. And at night in a year plus I have driven the car, I can't think of once looking at it.
Heads up of any brand won't work with polarized. Why I have always done Ray Ban nonpolarized.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I disagree. I love it whenever I have it in one of my cars. I love looking at the nav arrows while I drive in thick traffic and at night it’s invaluable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I also like it.
While driving at high speed, I find it a safety feature,
allowing me to keep my eyes on the road more of the time.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I disagree. I love it whenever I have it in one of my cars. I love looking at the nav arrows while I drive in thick traffic and at night it’s invaluable

I use Waze a lot from my phone and it’s too bad that the nav from car ply can not be displayed on the hud, or in the dash display.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Definitely agree.

Even though I use the center screen for nav typically (via ROIK-VV), having the speedo, speed limit, and PA status right in front of me is invaluable. Especially the PA status for longer highway drives, even though I suspect the new "vibrate on disengage" feature will ameliorate this a bit.

Frankly, on most shorter drives, I probably only even look at the actual driver's display once or twice, HUD is my go to.

That said, it took a little while for my girlfriend to adjust to it. She said she had trouble focusing on it at first? She also found my brightness setting to be too bright for her. FWIW, I drive with glasses, but my uncorrected vision is still around 20/30 or so... and perhaps for those folks with more severe corrections or older eyes it's a bit harder to see?

Either way, I don't think I'd ever get another daily driver without it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I thought it was useless, until I picked up a new pair of Persol non-polarized sunglasses, now it’s actually useful.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's new to me!
I have always thought that polarized sunglasses don't work with HUD's :cool:
It actually does work IF you tilt your head about 15 degrees 😎

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you want the less elegant solution, look at Sygic navigation for your phone, there is a HUD add-on. Just stick it up on your dash and you get speed, directions, etc.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Heads up of any brand won't work with polarized. Why I have always done Ray Ban nonpolarized.
One of the many reasons polarized sunglasses are verboten for pilots (of any kind).

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yep--non polarized corrective vision glasses was where I spent some of my medical savings account leftover $$. I find I use the HUD much more now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts