SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that at least the MY2020 XC90’s are coming with Cross Traffic Alert with Brake Support .

Are there any plans in releasing a software update / accessory install to be able to upgrade the previous model year versions which didn’t have brake support ?

Does anyone know?

It shouldn’t require any hardware install since we already have braking support for many other functions like: City Safety, Adaptive Cruise Control.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I know that at least the MY2020 XC90’s are coming with Cross Traffic Alert with Brake Support .

Are there any plans in releasing a software update / accessory install to be able to upgrade the previous model year versions which didn’t have brake support ?

Does anyone know?

It shouldn’t require any hardware install since we already have braking support for many other functions like: City Safety, Adaptive Cruise Control.
its in the Intellisafe Support upgrade, already discussed in another thread.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you please forward me the tread. I wasn’t aware of it.

Are you saying that my 2018 got it with the latest accessory software update ?

Volvo 2015.5 XC60 T5 P*+ | 2018 XC90 T6 Inscription P*+

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
its in the Intellisafe Support upgrade, already discussed in another thread.
Wrong I think, from the web site it states: Cross Traffic Alert assists when backing up by helping to detect crossing vehicles. There is no braking function in the upgrade at this time. I too would like to acquire that ability. As stated we already have collision avoidance braking so perhaps it is a software upgrade. I would gladly pay $300 for that functionality. I have always felt that backing out of a parking spot is an accident waiting to happen. Sometimes I am not paying as much attention as I should and just start backing out. So Volvo if you are listening please add that upgrade to the system.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wrong I think, from the web site it states: Cross Traffic Alert assists when backing up by helping to detect crossing vehicles. There is no braking function in the upgrade at this time. I too would like to acquire that ability. As stated we already have collision avoidance braking so perhaps it is a software upgrade.
This is how I also read it!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
This is how I also read it!
Well -today- there is:

Oncoming Mitigation by Braking

and

BLIS™ with Steer Assist and Cross Traffic Alert

not sure where you are seeing "cross traffic with braking" since no volvo you can buy states it comes with that. I would see nothing preventing a person from getting that in the Intellisafe Support Upgrade though since existing cars have a) brakes and b) cross traffic alert.

something else to consider though is at what point do you allow the nannies to retard what should be good driving practices? I never, ever just hop in and yank out of a space. I may piss off waiting drivers, but I slooowly back out, actively checking all sides.

FWIW my 2015.5 already beeps at me when I'm backing out of my driveway and someone is coming down the street, it just doesn't autobrake. I would think that for 90% of sensible ppl that would be enough to apply the brakes themselves.

What Volvo needs DESPARATELY are USB ports around the rearview mirror and rear headliner areas for plugging in front and rear dashcams. OR, just allow people to tap into and record the feed from the existing cameras because no matter what they may do for safety of their vehicles, they can never account for the hoardes of peasants that are going to run into you with their ****boxes. For that you need camera evidence to make it open and shut cases for the insurance.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I agree with you regarding USB there is a need for additional slots, especially at the back of the car.

But it’s always a good think also to have additional safety features that my save you in critical situations.

The 2020 XC90 is coming with Cross Traffic Alert with brake support. Please see the spec sheet for T6.

V60 has it.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/driving...s-new-cross-country-version-of-v60-estate/amp

XC40 has it too.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I agree with you regarding USB there is a need for additional slots, especially at the back of the car.

But it’s always a good think also to have additional safety features that my save you in critical situations.

The 2020 XC90 is coming with Cross Traffic Alert with brake support. Please see the spec sheet for T6.

V60 has it.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/driving...s-new-cross-country-version-of-v60-estate/amp

XC40 has it too.

That definitely sounds like the IntelliSafe Upgrade available for older SPA vehicles - it also includes Steer Assist if you have BLIS (which I believe is standard on all NA Volvos, isn't it?).
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-515720/2017

It has been commented/discussed in the IntelliSafe Upgrade thread.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...ntellisafe-Support-Upgrade-Available-11-20-18

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Unfortunatly does not include breaking support for Cross Traffic Alert.

Yes, the 2018 intellisafe upgrade (accessory) adds Cross Traffic Alert feature for some models but again, it is unfortunately without break support.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts