1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've done it. I used a cable that was basically the same as the one in your link. I installed the amp behind trim on the passenger side in the rear compartment (I have a V70) and pulled power off the battery which is conveniently located about 3 feet away in my car. I have an old ADS RS-10 subwoofer in an enclosure I originally made to fit under the rear seat of an F-150 sitting int he back for now. I also have a bluetooth adapter connected to the head unit through the CD changer input on the head unit via another adapter. Just by adding the subwoofer, the sound of Pandora through the 15 year old system in my car is really amazing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I picked that up. I'll update this thread once I've got it all together.

·
Registered
161 Posts
^ wish I had seen that adapter when I did my install. I always knew there must be a way using some factory plug; wish I had searched more effectively. I used speaker-level inputs, but the THD is quite high on the 613, so there is more back-ground hiss than I would like. Also, if it's any interest to anyone, I ran an aux-input into the line-level inputs of the amplifier, so I was able to get an aux input done quite easily in this manner. I'll have to pickup that adapter you linked to and re-wire the system, but using Y-adapters on the channel 1/2 inputs so I can line-level the radio while retaining the aux input.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's the correct adapter. There are 2 cables on the GROM unit to allow you to maintain the factory navigation system if you have one. One plugs into the input port on the head unit and the other plugs into the cable from the navigation system. If you don''t have navigation, then you only use the input cable. The way these adapters work for these head units is they create a signal to make the head unit think that there is a CD changer connected to it. That allows the signal that you input through the GROM adapter to be accepted by the head unit. You will choose the CD Changer as the source on your head unit when you want to use the adapter. If you have a factory CD Changer now, you won't be able to use it with this adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts