SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!<BR>My girlfriend recently purchased a white '98 S70 with a killer sound system. Unfortunately, there is an in-dash cassette, and no CD player. I'd like to get her a CD player for Christmas, but can't find a manufacturer that makes a player that will fit with the car. There is a CD Changer button on the head-unit, so I want a changer that will plug right in and run on the head unit and not an RF Modulated CD player. Any suggestions?<BR>Thanks<BR>DN

·
Banned
29 Posts
Try <A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.crutchfield.com</A> <P>They have an xref of all the CD Receivers that will fit your car. Along with the CD player, they ship you a Volvo connector plug. You have to solder the CD wires to the wires on the plug. They are all color coded - very easy - you can buy a $6 soldering iron at radio shack. I would reccomend getting some heat shrink tubing also.<P>They also give you instructions on how to remove the trim, etc.<P>I did my Trooper, took about 3hrs, start to finish.<P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your response. I was actually looking for a CD changer for the trunk that would plug directly into the factory head unit and be controlled by the head unit. There is a CD CHANGER button on the unit that can control the proper CD changer.<BR>I'll try Crutchfield, thanks.<P>David

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Your g/f probably has the SC-811 in her car right now. If you want to go the OEM route, you can get the SC-815 that has an in-dash CD/Tape with CD changer controls. This unit is basically plug and play. It will work with a Volvo CD changer easily as well. The only problem is that it might be a little more expensive than aftermarket. Click this link for a picture of it:<P><A HREF="http://www.thewheelexchange.com/auctionpics/SC815FACE.JPG" TARGET=_blank>Volvo SC-815</A><P>-Drew<P>

·
Registered
9 Posts
In a 95 850 the Alpine 620 six cd changer pluged into sc811 without any problems. I believe this is the OEM for Volvo. It was $249 at Tweeter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts