SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after spending a good year with my V50 T5 AWD and some 20,000 miles of driving through snow, rain, shine etc, i decided to go and add another vehicle and of-course why not another Volvo so an XC90 has been catching my attention on the roads so I decided to go with one.
Zeroed in the V8 due to their reputation for bulletproof powertrains.
Picking it up on Saturday and I cant wait.

Here are a few pictures of both of them at the dealer.

Will post more pictures later on when i take delivery of it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats. I drive pretty much the same car (2007, V8). The ride is smooth and the power is plenty full. I did around 20k in mine without any problems (aside a frayed serpentine belt, but that was more the belts fault...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
So after spending a good year with my V50 T5 AWD and some 20,000 miles of driving through snow, rain, shine etc, i decided to go and add another vehicle and of-course why not another Volvo so an XC90 has been catching my attention on the roads so I decided to go with one.
Zeroed in the V8 due to their reputation for bulletproof powertrains.
Picking it up on Saturday and I cant wait.
Congrats! How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
13k out the door.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice! Is that an '08 or '09 with the executive package? Either that or someone added some of the executive package exterior trim and the brushed mirror caps.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope its 08 exec pack...that's partially why I had to have it...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bone stock the one and only owner was a doctor didn't do anything to it other then 100% service at the dealer where I bought it from and so did he. He got the 2016 xc90

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bone stock the one and only owner was a doctor didn't do anything to it other then 100% service at the dealer where I bought it from and so did he. He got the 2016 xc90

Nice find!
How many miles do you have on it? One thing that's worried me in my search is considering V8s higher than say 60k miles. I just don't know if I can take the plunge on a vehicle with those many miles.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far the car has been amazing. I have a ton of squeaks where the side panel on the seat and leather meets that makes bad noises when you move around in the seats. Anyone know how to fix it? I was thinking of applying leather conditioner in that spot to create some lubrication.

MPGs have been very good for the V8 but thats due to my TDI driving habbits i think, i averaged 24mph for 100miles going at 65mph followed by a sprint of 75mph-80mph on the Ohio Turnpike moving with traffic that dropped it down to 22.3

Around town mixed driving i have been solid at 18.5 with heavy AC use and lots of stop and go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like the car, this is the combo my wife wants next since the black interior on our current XC90 gets really hot in the summer. Black car and black interior is a NO NO for my next xc90 :). You also got the perfect package that I have been looking for, BUT I would rather have HIDs over the Nav. Def need the entertainment system for the kids...enjoy the car looks stunning.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the car, this is the combo my wife wants next since the black interior on our current XC90 gets really hot in the summer. Black car and black interior is a NO NO for my next xc90 :). You also got the perfect package that I have been looking for, BUT I would rather have HIDs over the Nav. Def need the entertainment system for the kids...enjoy the car looks stunning.
Thanks, yes the NAV is a POS, its outdated but it works and has good map quality just pain in the rear to enter an address other then that i seem to like it. Does ok with guidance for turns.

As for the HIDs, well yes I wanted to have the OEM ones but i have been doing retrofits for a number of years on a number of cars so to me it was a no brainer to go with either system since i wont leave it stock anyway.

I will probably be installing a set of LS430 or LS460 projectors with bixenon option along with an LED Light bar and X5 LED fog lamps down the road as soon as i get around to all the other stuff i have planned for it.

Will need to start a progression thread so i can keep track of some of the mods i do to it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Added DRLs paid 15$ a long time ago off eBay cheap stuff but copies of the Hella units

And here are a few more beauty shots.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a set of Fog lamps from a 2014 or so X5 and X6 both of those use LED fog lamp assembly. The internals of that can be transfered to the XC90 and sealed, obviously a custom job but once done the shape is about the same as the OEM XC90 Fogs.

X5 Fogs

Their output.

XC90

1 - 15 of 15 Posts