SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a great weekend with my brother and cousin just west of Toronto. The C70 held up great, it's just that I really need to replace my bearings. The car was humming like mad the whole way, but we blasted some tunes and it was fine. We averaged about 140kph (87 mph) with the rest of traffic, and I was amazed at the fuel economy! Averaging 140kph, on 94 octane, with the occasional sprint up to 180, 1 to 200, and another to 220 just for kicks, we managed to get 7.9L/100km (30mpg) on the highway. I'm absolutely amazed and impressed with this fuel economy.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd be surprised about such fuel economy. I often do the Gatineau-Montréal trip (200 km or so) and even in perfect no -wind conditions, at 130 kph average on the 417/40 the best I can get is 9L/100 km... So doing 180's and 200's once in a while would boost that up alot. I also use 94 octane...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: (LucasC70)

I get about 30/31 MPG on a daily basis after tuning my C70.<p>Don't be shocked about the milage if you drive nice and have some mods done...the car actually can be more efficient! In contrast, my wife's S70 T5 with all stock gear only will get 27 MPG when driven nicely... So I will do a turbo upgrade, ECU, and other goodies to get hers into 30 MPG as well.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Prospero)

The 401 does have a lot of hills, up and down. I did coast a few times, but not too often. The milage on the way to Toronto wasn't as good. It was pouring rain the whole time, and the wind was against us. Plus there are more hills to climb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts