SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a noob to this forum. I've placed order on T6 R-design.

Have a question, I test drive the Inscription when ordered my car, is the does R-design has the nav map showing in the center of meter cluster? I saw the specification comparison shows that the Momentum and Inscription has the Adaptive Digital Display but the R-design has it's own spec, are they the same? or the R-design doesn't come with nav in the meter cluster?

·
Registered
541 Posts
All the trims in the US have the adaptive digital display, which will show the Nav in the dash

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do you think the new update would bring my Audi-like displays?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Who knows but I would assume it is totally configurable by software given that it is nothing but a LCD TFT screen. My thought is you program the software to display what you want. Volvo needs to be better or be on par with the other luxury brands if they want to survive.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I doubt Volvo plans to make the dash display zoomable or more configurable in the next update in November. It would be nice. But there is no indication they have level of update in mind. They are still trying to catch up on core missing features from launch like Drivers Profile, more apps and CarPlay.

The Volvo dash is fine, but it's not as configurable as the Audi and there is not a full-screen dash map option.

There is no user control of the map zoom in the dash, nor can you switch it to a 2D view -- you are forced into 3D view and it auto-adjusts the zoom based on the type of road you are on -- zoomed very far in on non-highways but out further on highways.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm a gadget man and admit it would be nice to have more configurable options for the dash given its a blank TFT; but the reality is that with HUD and the central screen there's almost overkill with 3 screens showing navigation information. Nobody is THAT much in need of directions to need more, surely!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Maybe someone who is really lost ;)

Jokes aside, more themes would be highly appreciated. It's a shame to limit this beautiful screen.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm a gadget man and admit it would be nice to have more configurable options for the dash given its a blank TFT; but the reality is that with HUD and the central screen there's almost overkill with 3 screens showing navigation information. Nobody is THAT much in need of directions to need more, surely!
The HUD isn't that useful as a nav screen in my opinion. If it were fully configurable and could take up most of the screen the dash is where I would like to see it. It's not bad now but without the ability to set the zoom rate it's usually not that useful as a nav system. It's far too close up during most of my driving, to the point that it's usually just a straight line with nothing around it until seconds very soon before I would need to make turns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts