SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my S60 R-Design for a couple weeks and my friends/co-workers asked me about the adaptive cruise and queue assist.... I gave a brief explanation about it, surprisingly some people are like ... What? I didn't even know cars could do that? I wanted to show them on the internet real quick but there are not a lot of videos about it.... at least not Volvo videos. So I made my own real quick and put it out on youtube if you want to take a look. It is pretty cool, don't know how practical, but cool nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQN6aJVqT4c&feature=plcp

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes it is Cool....but doesn't this technology makes it easier to ignore traffic while texting, making videos, chatting on a cell phone, eating, applying makeup, playing games, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you are not saying this causes more traffic accidents than it prevents... if so, I humbly disagree.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Yes it is Cool....but doesn't this technology makes it easier to ignore traffic while texting, making videos, chatting on a cell phone, eating, applying makeup, playing games, etc.
This technology will not allow one to engage in stupid behavior on the road. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Holmank I' don't doubt you are a careful safe driver. However your video demonstrates how one can talk and create a video while your Volvo handles the traffic and may be keeping you in your traffic lane automatically if you have the lane departure option. What part of that technology monitors whether you are actually paying attention to the traffic if hands are off the steering wheel and feet are off the peddles? Is there a camera that watches the driver?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
This technology will not allow one to engage in stupid behavior on the road. ;)
It might not allow one to do so, bit some other parts of the tech package may save the day when people engage in stupid behavior anyway. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts