SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a T6 AWD R-Design and it has Adaptive Cruise, I was just wondering... will the car come to a full stop in traffic? Say I'm going 60 and traffic stops, does the car stop or does collision avoidance jump in and stop the car? I'm so confused as to why these are two separate systems...

·
Registered
695 Posts
If your cruise has locked on to the vehicle in front of you, as indicated on the screen, then yes it will stop completely. This works well in stop and go traffic.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
5 Posts
What i like about the adaptive cruise is that, when it is in use, you do not get the red bar "glow" in the windshield. Essentially, if the red bar is glowing at you, you are the one responsible to use the gas and brakes....if adaptive cruise is on, it is controlling them while I "SUPERVISE" its performance.

It even works most of the time in 90 degree turns and roundabouts in these villages in Belgium. But I am always ready to step in and take control. For example it won't see a red light. :)

Cannot wait to get the car back in the US where the sign recognition will adjust based on speed limit sign recognition. Our car cannot recognize the Round European speed signs. Maybe that keeps me more active in cruise mode.

Hope that helps you. The red bar is a good design feature.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i love the adaptive cruise. I have gone from 75MPH on the freeway to about 35 MPH rather quickly (about 5 secs) without me hitting the brakes... although i was ready... i felt the pedal go out from under my foot. If not mistaking a normal cruise control will only work above a certain MPH (25 or 30 i think)... so unsure if it will take you down to zero using the adaptive cruise. But adaptive cruise and city traffic serves two distinctive purposes..... adaptive cruise to try an maintain a distance to the car in front or a specific set speed. The city traffic will try to autostop if objects stop in front of you <30MPH. The city traffic will wait until last possible second trying to give you priority. So i don't know if there is a "turnover" of responsibilities at a certain MPH.... my guess is no.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I want it I want it!

(Never would buy the XC60 cause the "ass" is not finished. It looks handicapped!) agree a bit?

🇳🇱 XC70 2011 D5 🇳🇱

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use it all the time, even in urban settings. Will definitely take you down to zero if it has a lock on the vehicle in front as kevinG mentioned. In stop and go traffic or at a red light, once the green ACC logo turns white (after 4 seconds I think), then all you need to do is press on resume to get the car going again.
I find that actively monitoring the following distance settings can help be smoother in many situations. For example by increasing distance using the car length arrow button, you can help it slow down sooner in a more linear way (not panic-brake) if the traffic way ahead of you comes to a standstill quickly when you are at high speeds. Conversely, by decreasing the distance when at a standstill or when leaving a red light will get the car going sooner. In stop and go traffic, 2 or 3 car length allows the best smoothness, it doesn't panic if someone cuts in front of you.
I hope all my future vehicles will have this feature!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts