SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi XC60 owners,

I think people only use the ACC feature on freeway.
People normally don't use it on local roads, right?

Just want to make sure..

(This is the remaining feature I still have not tried it... :rolleyes:)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Hi XC60 owners,

I think people only use the ACC feature on freeway.
People normally don't use it on local roads, right?

Just want to make sure..

(This is the remaining feature I still have not tried it... :rolleyes:)
I would think so. Why use cruise control anywhere but a freeway?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm afraid I've read too many posts suggesting folks DO use it WAY too much, including non-highway roads.

·
Registered
365 Posts
100% agreed. Seems bizarre to ponder using it anywhere else.

Had it in my Benz - grew to really like it on the interstate. But, not an $2k option I would have paid for when ordering up a new car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am really getting addicted to the adaptive cruise control. When I drive my wife's car without it I have to remind myself to slow down. I just used it in a National Park where the speed limit was 35. I set it at 40 so I wouldn't go to much over the limit. It is so easy to go faster when on the open road.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't work below 40 MPH so how is it possible to use it?
I checked manual and if I read it correctly, the feature would not be engaged if the speed is 18 mph (30 km/h). Is it correct?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be wrong.. It seems that ACC can also be activated below 18 mph i.e Queue Assist??

I think I am still confused about ACC and the regular cruise control.. Can someone help me and explain it to me please?

·
Registered
333 Posts
The minimal speed varies depending on MY of your car.

I really like the adaptive cruise controll om country side roads if you're following another car.

/Marti

·
Registered
130 Posts
I checked manual and if I read it correctly, the feature would not be engaged if the speed is 18 mph (30 km/h). Is it correct?
I once tried activate it while accelerating on an empty road and the message on dashboard said something similar to "Cruise control cannot be set below 20MPH". Not in those exact words, but the number stuck in my head.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I may be wrong.. It seems that ACC can also be activated below 18 mph i.e Queue Assist??

I think I am still confused about ACC and the regular cruise control.. Can someone help me and explain it to me please?
It cannot be activated below 20MPH (on MY13), but it will control your speed once engaged all the way to a full stop, if need be, and then will control your speed once you or system itself will resume ACC functionality.

All of the above may not be true, but that is how i understand ACC. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It cannot be activated below 20MPH (on MY13), but it will control your speed once engaged all the way to a full stop, if need be, and then will control your speed once you or system itself will resume ACC functionality.

All of the above may not be true, but that is how i understand ACC. :D
Thanks.. but how does it differ from the normal cruise control? :p

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks.. but how does it differ from the normal cruise control? :p
Normal cruise courtroom does not have the radar sensor therefore it will not keep the set distance from the vehicle ahead not will it start your car from standstill or bring your car to a full stop if the car in front of you stops.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I once tried activate it while accelerating on an empty road and the message on dashboard said something similar to "Cruise control cannot be set below 20MPH". Not in those exact words, but the number stuck in my head.
That message will be displayed when you try to engage ACC with no vehicle in front of you. However you can activate AAC from a standstill when there is a vehicle in front of you i.e Queue Assist. MY 11.5

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So is it true that ACC can slow down the car and even stop the car if needed when operating?!? I am so confused (again). :confused:

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
So is it true that ACC can slow down the car and even stop the car if needed when operating?!? I am so confused (again). :confused:
Yes, if its a later model with Queue Assist.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts