SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I get close to my local Airport ACC on my 2012 XC60 will turn itself off until I get a certain distance away and then I can turn it back on. It only seems to happen near airfields and Airports. I do have the Nav system so it is conceivable the car is disabling the radar near Airports so as not to interfere with airplanes. Nothing in the manual about this and a Google search did not turn up anything. Coincidence?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've noticed that when I get close to my local Airport ACC on my 2012 XC60 will turn itself off until I get a certain distance away and then I can turn it back on. It only seems to happen near airfields and Airports. I do have the Nav system so it is conceivable the car is disabling the radar near Airports so as not to interfere with airplanes. Nothing in the manual about this and a Google search did not turn up anything. Coincidence?
Fascinating.

If this isn't a malfunction on your car, I'd bet it has something to do with the radar frequencies in use. And, if it's linked to the GPS location of the car, the nav system is more sophisticated than Volvo has let on.

Or...you have a random failure of some kind. :)

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Your 2012 XC60 just had the 7,500 miles service plus a remote-start install.

Before this, did the cruise shut off near airports?

George Dill

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I saw this issue before the remote start was installed. I got a call from Volvo customer support this morning and they said they have not heard of this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer replaced the BSC and the ACC now works even when near airfields. Just a coincidence that I saw the failures near airports three times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts