SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a pic of my setup up on Adam's Rotors FB page today and wanted to share it here. For anybody looking into new rotors, Adam was easy to work with and quick to reply to any questions. Rotors and coatings are definitely good quality.

I've put a few hundred miles on the setup now and am really happy with it.

AR Race Double Slot (Black Zinc Hats + Rotor), G2 Caliper Paint Kit (Blue), IPD 19" Peg Replicas, SS brake lines, Takspeed Ti Shims, Hawk HPS pads and Super Blue fluid.

Track day this Friday, looking forward to seeing how they stand up to that.

http://www.adamsrotors.com/
http://www.facebook.com/adamsrotors

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'll be getting those as soon as my need replacement.

Did you sand or just cleaned your calipers before you applied G2 caliper paint?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Interested in more details. Need to get new rotors up front soon.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Will do, thanks.

Edit, his FAQ section is great and answered any question I could possibly ask :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Love the G2 blue. I have the kit waiting for me to put on [no free time!]

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I thought there was a one year exchance policy or something..

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Looking good there Noei :thumbup:

Track day, oh yes, it should be sweeeeet. I can't wait :D

·
Banned
467 Posts
we're fully made to order.
each set is custom made to your liking...
we hold no inventory and make rotors for ALL make/model cars/truck/vans w/factory disc brakes.
with over 12 patterns, 3 zinc finished, and 5 hub coatings each set is specially made for your tastes...that opens the doors to MANY options.

a final sale policy is more than understandable given our business model and type of product...precut anything goes against our entire concept.
...and each set includes a 1-year warranty against manufacture defects.

thanks for all the support guys...we love building your R sets and hope to do more in the future!
let us know what you need.
-a

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
^^ sweet :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I will be ordering rotors from you soon Adam. Looks like you do great stuff.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Did you sand or just cleaned your calipers before you applied G2 caliper paint?
Cleaned, sanded, cleaned, sanded. Nothing deep but enough to give the surface a good even scuffing. Took the better part of a day to get the sanding, cleaning, masking and painting done. One thing I would have done differently is started earlier in the day. My final coats of paint were done in artificial light with some spotlights that weren't the best and I found a few spots I missed the next day in the daylight. Thankfully those spots were on the back side...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Also happy to report that my setup held up really well at the NorCal autocross and track day at Infineon last week. Granted it was my first time to do either so I probably wasn't pushing them as hard as Joe or Mike C, but they worked great. Ti Shims kept my fluid happy and my fancy blue calipers blue as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts