SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after enjoying my P80 Adventure Wagon, but wanting something a bit bigger, with better towing, I picked up a 2006 V8 XC90. Needs lots of maintenance, but “I am the warranty” as they say.

Fair warning: I’m likely to get lots of confused faces from time to time, and possibly even upset people over my choices.

XC90 as picked up (after a quick wash)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Inop blower motor and intermittent alternator were immediate needs just to get it on the road. Valve cover gaskets, timing cover seals and serpentine parts are next on the list.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then came a thorough cleaning. Including pressure washing the front carpets, cleaning out the sunroof drains (replacing one of them that was rotted) and starting my “to order” list. It’s quite long.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s my V70R for reference (to those who don’t already know me). This build will be similar.

Moderately lifted, more aggressive tires, extra lighting, etc. Not a rock crawler, but a nice camping rig.

·
Registered
2014 XC90 3.2L
403 Posts
Sounds like a fun project I'd say. Especially if you're into it cheap enough, which I hope you are looking over those photos. :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Inop blower motor and intermittent alternator were immediate needs just to get it on the road. Valve cover gaskets, timing cover seals and serpentine parts are next on the list.

Is that your alternator coming out in these pics?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a fun project I'd say. Especially if you're into it cheap enough, which I hope you are looking over those photos. :)
I did. Sweat equity will get me there in the long run.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here’s my V70R for reference (to those who don’t already know me). This build will be similar.

Moderately lifted, more aggressive tires, extra lighting, etc. Not a rock crawler, but a nice camping rig.

Where did you get the front grill guard? Is that custom? I'm trying to find one for my V50

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sheesh, looks like it has had a life. (What were they thinking with those light covers?) Perfect car for your project!

·
Registered
18,280 Posts
You are never bored. That's for sure!
Then came a thorough cleaning. Including pressure washing the front carpets, cleaning out the sunroof drains (replacing one of them that was rotted) and starting my “to order” list. It’s quite long.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What ISN'T custom when it's Adam's?? LOL
Where did you get the front grill guard? Is that custom? I'm trying to find one for my V50

Yeah. All custom. Over in the P80 wagon group is my build thread. I’ll be applying what I learned from that car to this one.

·
Registered
18,280 Posts
If you go to the p80 thread, Adam did. It's all there and a fascinating read with lots of pics.
Who built the grill guard?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts