SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XC90 T5, OSD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Is anyone having luck reaching AdTrav? I have not gotten a call back in WEEKS after repeated phone calls and emails.

We took delivery of our OSD 2020 XC90 stateside and have been looking to reschedule our trip. I last spoke with an agent at the end of May and haven't been able to get in touch with a soul since to actually book travel! I'm getting anxious and upset because we wanted to travel with kids before school started.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
You'll want to talk to your sales person and ask them to put in a help ticket (if they aren't sure where that's at, it's in the affinity tools website). I'm guessing your case will require some work since it's been 2 years since you got the car. I'm not sure how the rain check system works this far after.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
2020 XC90 T5, OSD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll want to talk to your sales person and ask them to put in a help ticket (if they aren't sure where that's at, it's in the affinity tools website). I'm guessing your case will require some work since it's been 2 years since you got the car. I'm not sure how the rain check system works this far after.
They have already told me I have until the end of 2022 to travel and I've had the initial discovery call with Ad Trav. It's really frustrating no one will call me back to book. I'm going to reach out to Volvo tomorrow directly.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Again, have your sales person put in a help ticket for it. That's the best way to get a response from Ad-trav. They're still overbooked but the process is getting a little better. But if you don't go through the right process it falls to the bottom. The right process is not calling them or emailing them (regardless of how much sense that would make). And without the ticket being put in, priority is based on when travel is going to be. I've gotten the best results for my customers with the affinity tools help tickets.

·
Registered
2020 XC90 T5, OSD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, have your sales person put in a help ticket for it. That's the best way to get a response from Ad-trav. They're still overbooked but the process is getting a little better. But if you don't go through the right process it falls to the bottom. The right process is not calling them or emailing them (regardless of how much sense that would make). And without the ticket being put in, priority is based on when travel is going to be. I've gotten the best results for my customers with the affinity tools help tickets.
Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Another suggestion. Create your own travel itinerary for the air travel and ask in an email if they can go ahead and book it. If you do half of the work for them they may be more inclined to go ahead and finish it by attempting the booking.

When I did this they responded with a close, but alternative itinerary that worked for us. The primary change they made was to keep us on the same airlines for departure and return. The dates stayed the same as I had proposed.

For us the airlines they used were United from the U.S. to Frankfurt where we connected on Luftansa to Sweden and vice versa on the return. (We flew into Stockholm and advised we would book our own train travel to Gothenburg, and returned flying out of Gothenburg. As to hotels, apart from Adtrav arranging the one night Clarion Post in Gothenburg we went ahead and booked refundable stays on our own using hotels.com once we had confirmation of the air travel. Booking.com is another helpful booking website.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also had very good success with AdTrav by having my exact itinerary mapped out prior to my initial call. They booked the exact flights we wanted (Delta/KLM roundtrip) without hesitation. I would have your dealer put in a ticket and then have your itinerary ready to roll. AdTrav is very difficult to deal with, no doubt.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I also had very good success with AdTrav by having my exact itinerary mapped out prior to my initial call. They booked the exact flights we wanted (Delta/KLM roundtrip) without hesitation. I would have your dealer put inadvic a ticket and then have your itinerary ready to roll. AdTrav is very difficult to deal with, no doubt.
Good advice. I would though go ahead and send the email with the requested itinerary now and then follow it up with the dealer putting in a ticket. Not sure what the response time would be relying only on the dealer sent ticket.

·
Registered
1998 Volvo S70 T5
133 Posts
Another suggestion that I would try is contacting Jeff at Volvo Customer Service. I informed him that my deadline to travel was coming up and he was able to get in touch with someone higher up at AdTrav that was able to help me put together a flight itinerary. I was able to confirm it, and because I was flying solo this time, they had booked me in business class on SAS. Unfortunately, due to an emergency, I am not able to travel at this time, and so had to cancel. I won't be able to travel before my deadline, which is a bit of a bummer, but I'm still getting my car delivered to my dealer in about a month.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
2020 XC90 T5, OSD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another suggestion that I would try is contacting Jeff at Volvo Customer Service. I informed him that my deadline to travel was coming up and he was able to get in touch with someone higher up at AdTrav that was able to help me put together a flight itinerary. I was able to confirm it, and because I was flying solo this time, they had booked me in business class on SAS. Unfortunately, due to an emergency, I am not able to travel at this time, and so had to cancel. I won't be able to travel before my deadline, which is a bit of a bummer, but I'm still getting my car delivered to my dealer in about a month.
So sorry about your emergency! I did get in touch with Jeff and heard from Ad Trav in a few hours. They have all my info and I'm waiting to approve the itinerary! I feel hopeful again. Fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts