SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on the forum knows if our suspension selection: Comfort, Sport, Advanced effects fuel economy? Will comfort get me an extra couple of miles per gallon than Sport? <p>Additionally, is one setting more prone to causing damage to the car over time....in other words if I drive around with my car in advanced 90% of the time will it cause my shocks to wear out more rapidly than if I generally drove around with the car in Comfort mode? or visa versa?<p>Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: active chasis setting and unintended effects (esquiR)

Probably the other way as the shocks aren't moving as much in advanced, they have less perameters

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
for my car and I suspect most there is a correlation between advanced and our driving style.... = bad gas mileage, lol.<p>the setting do not effect gas mileage.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Re: active chasis setting and unintended effects (esquiR)

I do drive in Advanced 99% of the time and there are seemingly no bad effects (except possibly my ride height is higher than most with an empty tank - I need more comparative data for a conclusion.)

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: active chasis setting and unintended effects (JRL)

Advanced changes the throttle map and GT shift points too, right? But I'll bet the economy effect is minimal, if any. <p>Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts