SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2012 XC60 that just had it's 7500 mile service and it seems to me that the Active Bi-Xenon lights are adjusting themselves to a shorter distance than before the service. The dealer assures me there is no adjustment and they tested them and they are pointing correctly. The other thing I've noticed is the bending is much more pronounced now after the service. Kinda makes me think they were't working correctly before the service and now maybe they are. Hi-Beams look okay. I'm suspecting there was a software update to the car that may have effected this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny you should say this - I too took my 2012 XC60 R-design in for it's first service ( Nov 2012)and they told me they had updated the software - the next time I tried my lights at night they were facing down very low on the ground in front - I also realised they no longer did their little reset thing ( moved up and down to a level position) when they were turned on. Of course I took it back to them and they said they could not see how they could have done anything when they did the service but adjusted the headlight anyway up a little - still a lot lower than I remember them from new. They still rarely do their reset thing when turned on - I am sure that something is not right with the lighting/levelling system but I am also starting to realise that the local service centres don't seem to know much about their own products they service. Anyone know how to adjust them mechanically?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everyone i have the same problem.I owned an XC60 MY13 D4 and after the service i noticed that the Active Bi-Xenon lights facing full up...they go up and down when i turn them on but they stop in higher position.I am afraid that they did ''something'' during the update...Now they told me to visit them again and will see what is wrong...i hope they did not made any damage...next week i will go and i will tell you any news...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts