SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,<p>I heard a rumor recently that all S/V70's come with the hardware for the trip computer installed (with the exception of the view switch), but the system is inactive in cars not sold "with" a trip computer. Does anyone know how to activate it (apparently involving a VIN-specific code.. would VADIS provide that?), or how much a dealer typically charges to do it?<p>Thanks!

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I just looked in my Volvo computer parts program. It says, for '99 and '00 S70's, that "Software can only be ordered through ratified routine," and it varies depending on chassis number. There is a mounting kit sold for the trip computer switch in the instrument panel (part # 9166768). There is no mention of a software download or a mounting kit for the '98 model. My T5 came with a fully functional trip computer which I use every day, unless there is some aspect of mine that I don't know about. <p>On a more thorough search I found some other stuff and it may help you...but too extensive to post here. I sent you an email. If the information is helpful and helps you turn yours "on," then please post back and we'll try to make the info more concise and available to others here. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by MadeInJapan at 5:29 PM 4-6-2006</i>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts