SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to turn the interior lights back on from the rear of the car? I find that if I open the tailgate to access the load area, the interiors lights shut off after a fairly short amount of time. My previous generation XC90 allowed you to turn the lights back on by pressing one of the switches on the rear ceiling light. I have not been able to find a way to do this in the current 2018 XC90. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Same issue with my V90cc. More annoyingly, I have an Ocean Race which comes with a tailgate light that has a dedicated on/off switch... but that ceases to do anything once the interior lights go out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
What about hitting the unlock button on the remote? Should turn the lights back on... no?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about hitting the unlock button on the remote? Should turn the lights back on... no?
Good idea but I'm pretty sure I already tried that and it did not work. But I'll try again the next time I have a chance just to be sure.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Funny. I was wondering the same last night as I was loading moving boxed into the cargo area and light was going off every few min. I ended up reopening/closing rear doors multiple times...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, this is annoying! I contacted volvo (email) and proposed a possibility to set the timer yourself 30s, 2/5/10/15min a year ago but only got a “your opinion is important for us” answer.

It’s like the complete tail get shutdown and e.g. foldable semi automatic hitch doesn’t work.

Interested in smart workarounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts