SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hand washing my S60 the other evening when I looked down at the rear passenger rim and saw what I thought (now wished) were soap bubbles. When I went to wipe away these two hangers-on I quickly realized the truth: looks like a rock took some nasty chunks out of my Njord.

Having scuffed the front passenger rim very lightly (almost impossible to see but it was a week into ownership), I'd talked with the local rim repair tech here in State College and learned that he has nothing suitable to match the highly reflective finish on these rims. I shot him an email again, though, since that was a few months ago hoping that maybe some new technique or color mix was available.

No dice.

Surely, though, someone out there has had their Njord rim repaired without having to send the whole thing away for refinishing. Does anyone know of a good shop in or near State College that could do this? Lancaster/Harrisburg area would work in a pinch, too. Heck, even Maryland is doable since I often drive through there.

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
A prior T5 ('99) I used to own was in color 426 - silver so I have used leftover touch-up paint from that car to touch up the odd chip on the wheels on my R. It's not perfect but it at least meets the 10 foot test. I would imagine you can buy the exact wheel touch up paint too though obviously taking it to a place is much, much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Knolan! I've actually seen the aerosol cans of paint before - but the repair guy (AutoPro1 is his company - they did the clear bra on my S60) can't work with them as they need to use their own airbrushes and would need paint that can be mixed and delivered in this manner. I'm not set up (no garage) to do the repair myself with spray paint - nor do I trust my ability to do it well.

Wheel Collision Center has gotten great reviews and I've heard of them before. If Bath, PA weren't 3 hours and 180 miles from me, I'd probably consider heading out there! Maybe if I can't find anything else I'll just have to suck it up and make a special day trip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts