SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out of work early today and figured that I would finally stop by my dealer to inquire about the Volvo accessory lowering kit. I won't name the dealer because I am not looking to give them any bad publicity and they are nice guys, however the quote that I received caused even the parts guy to say "Oh sh!t, I will get you a chair before I give you this!"

Here goes:
Spring kit $380.23
Sport shocks(front) $763.90
Sport shocks(rear) $763.90
Stabilizer bar $118.05

This is of course, before labor, taxes and wheel alignment. I figure that would add another $500 at least. My car is a 2001 T5 minus sports suspension. I thanked them for their time and politely left, doing this through the dealer is not an option. Is there anyone who offers a complete package for the T5? Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Carl Sims:
I got out of work early today and figured that I would finally stop by my dealer to inquire about the Volvo accessory lowering kit. I won't name the dealer because I am not looking to give them any bad publicity and they are nice guys, however the quote that I received caused even the parts guy to say "Oh sh!t, I will get you a chair before I give you this!"

Here goes:
Spring kit $380.23
Sport shocks(front) $763.90
Sport shocks(rear) $763.90
Stabilizer bar $118.05

This is of course, before labor, taxes and wheel alignment. I figure that would add another $500 at least. My car is a 2001 T5 minus sports suspension. I thanked them for their time and politely left, doing this through the dealer is not an option. Is there anyone who offers a complete package for the T5? Thanks.
Oh, wow. You mean the $100 I paid for the option on my OSD order was worth it? Ooh.

It's $250 now. I think I was lucky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the Volvo pricing is a little out of line to say the least. I've found the aftermarket suspension components available are somewhat lmited in selection. There are springs from IPD and Koni Sport shocks that are a lot less expensive. I'm looking at putting them on myself. Anti-sway or "roll" bars are not available yet that I can find.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yup, I had the same problem, and when i said that i was not interested, he said that if i do lower it without the Volvo Factory Springs, (which are made my eibach) that they would void my warrenty on a number of things. Well i work at a service station so i bought the springs from the dealership through them for around 280 bucks and then had them installed for about 180.. i think... including a front end alignment.... If you have a friend that could get the springs through Volvo parts department i would recomend that, and go to any suspension place to get them installed. The so called 8 hours it would take volvo service to do it was nocked out by my rim guys in under 5 hours.

~Spencer~

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all...

I will probably wait a while to see if anyone produces a full kit for the S60. The asking price for the shocks was what really threw me for a loop. And the prices that I posted earlier was after a 15% discount for buying my car from them!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have heard several things about the S60 Suspensions.
1. Bistein is working on a coilover for the S60. I got this infor from a person at Bilstein several months ago. It stil not ready
2. I have heard that their is going to be a Ohlins sytem
3. IPD states that is a problem making the suspesion to Volvo changing the chassis on the S60.
4. Bilsport AG has a complet system but the price is very step 1800.00(i dont think so)
5. Heico has a complete set for 1500.00
6. SAM is working on one ETA 2-3 months.
7. This is what I did
Koni Shocks
a Front 8641-1410 $150 each
b Rear 8040-1277 $104 each
c B&G sport springs $239
I paid 775.80 shipped, the konis had to be dropped shipped from Koni and took and took a month to get. The front are adjustable, and the springs provide a 1.8 in. drop. I went this route, since Koni is a leader in shocks, and I had a set of B&G springs on my S40 and the ride was as smooth as glass, no bouncing, I had a set of TME/IPD sport spring and the car would bounce alot on the semi-rough roads, but on the same road my My jetta behave much better with no bounce at all. So I place the blame on the stock shocks for the poor ride. Hey I hope that helped and I will continue to get info on the springs/shocks. I want a coilover and once that comes to the market that is what I want.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Sims:
Thanks all...

I will probably wait a while to see if anyone produces a full kit for the S60. The asking price for the shocks was what really threw me for a loop. And the prices that I posted earlier was after a 15% discount for buying my car from them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts