SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding accessories for the S60? I really want to get a "bra" as well as mud flaps for the front. <P>I am suprised that Volvo has not made this stuff available. All I've been able to get from the dealer is mud flaps for the rear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
forget a bra that was cool when 740' were brand new. Go with 3M's clear bra it is 10 times better than any cloth bra and is cosmetically more attractive. Especially with the beautiful body lines of a 60.<P>

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sometimes if a bra is not installed, it will vibrate in the wind and damage your paint. Go with the 3M product. I wholeheartedly agree wiht that suggestion.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Here we go...<P><B>Volvo S60 Front Mud Flaps</B><P>Part # - 9162211<BR>Cost - $22.85<BR>Labor - 6/10 Install<BR>Labor Charge - $40-$70 dollars depending on your dealers hourly rate.<BR>Total - $65 - $90 depending on dealer.<P>I agree with the above about the 'Bra' issue. Volvo now uses environmentally friendly paint which is soft, so if dirt gets under the bra, it can scratch and pit the paint easily. I have seen nothing but bad experiences using a car bra. The best solution IMHO, is to use a 'Clear-Bra' like the 3M product or XPel, which uses 3M Scotchcal. It will even protect your mirrors, headlights, and foglights, unlike a regular bra.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll check with my dealer again for the front flaps.<P>I had not heard of the 3M product, I was only looking for a bra to protect against chips and this sounds like a better alternative. Is there a good website on the product, or does anyone know good installer in Virginia?<BR>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any window tint place that has 3m products can do it. all it is is tint for your car. Get it all over mirrors, bumper everything. It's clear and works very well. <P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts