SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few of the accessories we are interested in purchasing that are on the volvo website. When I took the car to the dealership last week to get the sunroof fixed (didn't work when we left the dealership), I was told the accessories were only available online. Well, I don't see anywhere to purchase them online. I can add them to a wish list, but that's it. Perhaps they thought I meant the clothes and such, but we wanted the rubber mats, cooler and now I guess the touch up paint thanks to my large scratch.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Dealer has, can order, and can sell everything and anything accessory wise that's available
Perhaps you need to find a new dealer with a parts dept. that knows their product!

Unbelievable dealer :facepalm: :thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what makes me so sad. We drove 550 miles to get this vehicle since it was the only one we could find with all the options and the dealership in TN that I went to first (where I have to go for service now) treated me horribly and didn't even offer a test drive.. I was told to bring my husband with me next time and the salesman showed me the space in the back for his golf clubs. Little did he know that I'm the one who spends the money and I need the space for my shopping bags. He lost out on a good sale, but this is really my only option for service. I'm just hoping I don't have to get it serviced much. :( I'm starting to regret this purchase based on this fact alone now.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Try tascaparts. Com

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Accessories

You can always google Volvo accessories and will get 3 or 4 great sources. Prices will be much below what the dealer offers and you will more than likely get much better service. I hate supporting bad dealerships.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
joy2theworld: See if you can get your local TV News Investigative reporter interested in that story. A little hidden camera work will cause that salescritter to find a new line of work.

No one should be treated that way.

My wife likes to embarass salescritters like that by asking them technical questions about the vehicle that they can't answer (but are often right in the brochure).

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
He lost out on a good sale, but this is really my only option for service. I'm just hoping I don't have to get it serviced much. :( I'm starting to regret this purchase based on this fact alone now.
WHY?
You can service it at ANY Volvo dealer.

If you drove over 500 miles, surely you must have a dealer closer to you.
You need to come here to SS and other Volvo sites to learn and understand about your car AND Volvos in general

What made you think you need to have it serviced at that dealership?

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
>> and the dealership in TN that I went to first (where I have to go for service now) treated me horribly and didn't even offer a test drive..

I read it as the local Volvo dealer is the bad one and they had to drive 550 miles to find the car. But they
are stuck with the local dealer for the after purchase service. Although it is not clear which dealer
won't order accessories (my local dealers would jump over the counter with the brochure as soon as you mention
the word "accessories").

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
>> and the dealership in TN that I went to first (where I have to go for service now) treated me horribly and didn't even offer a test drive..

I read it as the local Volvo dealer is the bad one and they had to drive 550 miles to find the car. But they
are stuck with the local dealer for the after purchase service. Although it is not clear which dealer
won't order accessories (my local dealers would jump over the counter with the brochure as soon as you mention
the word "accessories").
Yes, this is correct. The local volvo dealer is the one I had the issue with initially and that's the closest for service from where we live. It is about 60 miles away. The next closest is probably 80 miles or so. I may just have to try one further away. I am hoping I won't have to have too much service done or we move. :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Tn dealer

Are you middle or weststate? ......fellow TN(er)

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Dealers

Middle- It is the dealership in your town that I had the trouble with when I went... Volvo Nashville was helpful, but couldn't "find" the car I wanted, so, I found it on my own.
I hate to hear that. I have a long standing relationship with this dealership both from sales (Wayne Marshall) and service (Will). I've had a few minor issues over the years but lately they have been fantastic. The other dealership drives me crazy because they seem to be in business as a hobby and not there to make money. It is still family owned ( I believe) and dreadfully in need of a move.

Not all salesmen are created equally. Once a Honda salesman actually told my wife she would look good in a bikini washing it. We just stood there stunned for a minute and walked off.

You can trust the service at the Franklin dealership so if, in the end, you go back you should have a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
121 Posts
WOW, I can not believe you had a problem like with the Franklin Volvo location. We just bought our third car there. They normally are great. If you go onto their website http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=216970 then call and ask for Ryan. He is very helpful. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I second comp1 comment on giving them a second chance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with DW Volvo in Franklin, TN. I ordered both of my Volvos from there. Radek Stempniak is my salesman and has been selling Volvos in the US and Europe for over twenty years. The service department is top notch. Will and Jason always take very good care if me and my caRs. I will say that I have been disappointed in the parts department. I know that my 07 S60R is unique and I don’t expect some parts to be stocked. Yet I would think that splash guards and all weather floor mats for my new 13 XC60 R-Design would be in stock. They were not and I was told that it would take 5 to 7 business days to get them in. I learned a long time ago to order my parts and accessories from http://www.volvowholesaleparts.com. Not only are they consistently 15-25% cheaper than the dealer, my accessories were ordered on Monday and I received them the following Wednesday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts