SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there are additional fees (VAT Tax, local tax) if I postpone adding accessories until I arrive at the factory? My dealer told us about a great part manager at the factory that has access to a lot of different accessories. The dealer just didn't know if there were extra taxes or costs if we wait.

We are thinking about the load mat, cross bars and maybe bike rack

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
No VAT unless you keep the car past its export registration deadline at which point you will pay VAT on the entire purchase price.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Many accessories are less expensive on this side of the Pond, but factory does not charge the labor, unlike you local dealer...

I would say - include everything you want with the order...it will be there ready to go, when you pick your car...

Flyvolvo.com has a rather complete list of accessories for every model, and you can always ask the VCNA via email...

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
And you may find a FDC-only special deal (like all-weather mats and trunk protector) when you get there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info,

Thanks

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That's why we're here: to share and help each other out.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
When I picked up my 2013 XC90 in April they had discounted prices on mats and a few other things ... and then I think it was another 20% discount on top of that if you bought three items. Ask the delivery person you work with - they usually have an A4 piece of paper with the specials for each model. If you pickup in the morning and choose some options you can have them do it while you eat lunch and/or the factory tour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts