SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

So i did some pulls from 80-120km/h(50-75mph) and noticed some big difference in when the AWD is on and disengaged(pulling the handbrake 1 click)

80-120km/h 3rd gear with AWD 4.95s
80-120km/h 3rd gear without AWD 3.92s

Is the AWD torque limited? or does the AWD really pulls this much HP away?

'05 V50 T5 AWD manual

the 0-100km/h(0-60mph) i did in 7.1s, so that about correct according to oem spec

This was all done without and without DSTC and tractioncontrol/ESP completely shut off

·
Registered
664 Posts
The AWD should not be engaging at that speed. There is no wheel speed difference for the internal Haldex mechanical pump to work and the electric boost pump would not last if it tried to maintain pressure all the time.

(I am not sure if the Volvo Haldex uses an internal mechanical pump in its design.)

Very strange results!

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
509 Posts
Shouldn't make a difference as the AWD only comes on with slip and the drive shaft skins all the time with the pump in the rear differential.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

This was all done without and without DSTC and tractioncontrol/ESP completely shut off
Do you mean with DSTC button off or drJonez denanny mod? As I think that in the second case handbrake trick is not working, atleast on mine. On DSTC deactivated indeed I can disable AWD by handbrake trick, but it seem to not work when de-nanny mod is active...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts